LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

Hey An3!

Got it from PnP Hyper in Ottery (Western Cape).

Highly recommend keeping eye out for the ox neck - tastes much better than venison broth and it's great value!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a good food note does anyone know where in CT pref Nsubs I can find free range pork? The one pnp in Plattekloof had it but ideally a butchery would be good.

Try these guys. I know they supply my local butchery and may have an outlet in your area.

http://www.happyhog.co.za

7kg in a month? That's the upper end of what's safely doable... you might want to set a more realistic target

Your words can not be more true. I am struggling. Got family over to visit and had to visit little Germany aka Namibia. Try telling those okes no starch. Got rice instead of potatoes, but I just skipped it instead. I feel like I am rather on a high protein diet at the moment with the occasional over starching. I started a blog on blogspot but after 2 days could not keep up. So my 30 day quest is now stretched to 40 days. I must say till now I think I have managed to make a few gains. No cerial or bread for breakfast nor any oats. My staple was easy oats or wheat bix. I have also acquired xyletol and cut the occasional potato to nothing. I will sumarise my past 7 days on my blog and share it soon. My weight this morning is at 90 that is 2 kg down in a week BUT mondays are always a bad scale day as sometimes this normally are due to water loss than anything else. If it is maintained till tomorrow then floook I might start looking for missing limbs. I did rent a bike in Windhoek (expensivish) from DAS bike shop. Verry very interesting shop and vibe. Worth a visit.

Some days I am positive about this diet other days not so much. At the moment I wonder how as a youngster I battled to put on weight and was embarresed at how skinny I was. I would eat anything and drank beer by the barrel.

Today I feel convinced I that the trick is just eating less and doing more. Who cares what you eat and who cares what activity as long as it is something.

I just have to keep reminding myself how I can do a hard three hours on water. That is a new one for me.

I am busy putting a book together. Well I am starting to write "my book" been wanting to do it for years. I kept a diary of a very long tour I did years back. That will form the foundation of the book. I am keen to see what I was eating and how I felt. Pretty sure not much fat was involved.

Some days I am positive about this diet other days not so much. At the moment I wonder how as a youngster I battled to put on weight and was embarresed at how skinny I was. I would eat anything and drank beer by the barrel.

Today I feel convinced I that the trick is just eating less and doing more. Who cares what you eat and who cares what activity as long as it is something.

I just have to keep reminding myself how I can do a hard three hours on water. That is a new one for me.

I am busy putting a book together. Well I am starting to write "my book" been wanting to do it for years. I kept a diary of a very long tour I did years back. That will form the foundation of the book. I am keen to see what I was eating and how I felt. Pretty sure not much fat was involved.

I was the same in Metric at 180 cm I hit the scale at 65 kg and I ate abot 12 to 16 slices of bread a day. I sometimes microwaved about two or thee spoons of margarine or even raw shugar on 4 slices white bread at a time.

I know LCHF will work for me and that I will have great results in a short space of time. But I wont be piling on the fat in my diet forever but wont cut it back ieither when it presents itself. I have made a permanent carb and sugar adjustment in my life but won't extreme it and will indulge from time to time. I also know that carbs alone are not the enemy. I am not willing to do that experiment but I know from past experience that a combination of carbs sugar and fat builds fat just as fast as an extreme LCHF diet can lose you weight and that carbs alone although not good for one at all does not have the same effect. Obsessive dieting really effects ones social behavior.

I want to organise a group buy for nuts in CT:

Nuts make great snacks and treats (you should try making your own marzipan or macadamia nut butter!), but retail prices are a ripper.

Think >R240/kg almonds and then they are also rancid (even from WW!).

So the plan is to go to a wholesaler and get something cheaper and hopefully fresher as it won't have been in transit and on shelves for as long as the retail goods.

Empire Trading have offered to sell to me as long as I order more than R1.5k.

Please let me know if you know of a place that has better quality/prices!

These are some of their prices per kg. I added VAT and the prices didn't strike me as that amazing for wholesale:

ALMONDS CSSR RAW 131.10

COCONUT FLAKES 57.00

Dried CRANBERRIE 64.98

HAZELNUTS 176.70

MACADAMIAS RAW 117.42

PECAN HALVES 159.60

WALNUTS 174.42

PUMPKIN SEED 78.66

Edited by schweinehund

I want to organise a group buy for nuts in CT:

Nuts make great snacks and treats (you should try making your own marzipan or macadamia nut butter!), but retail prices are a ripper.

Think >R240/kg almonds and then they are also rancid (even from WW!).

So the plan is to go to a wholesaler and get something cheaper and hopefully fresher as it won't have been in transit and on shelves for as long as the retail goods.

Empire Trading have offered to sell to me as long as I order more than R1.5k.

Please let me know if you know of a place that has better quality/prices!

These are some of their prices per kg. I added VAT and the prices didn't strike me as that amazing for wholesale:

ALMONDS CSSR RAW 131.10

COCONUT FLAKES 57.00

Dried CRANBERRIE 64.98

HAZELNUTS 176.70

MACADAMIAS RAW 117.42

PECAN HALVES 159.60

WALNUTS 174.42

PUMPKIN SEED 78.66

They are good prices! Take it from a girl who does the house hold shopping!

im in if you wanna do a bulk buy.

i keep the nuts in the freezer until i need them.

Okay - question time.

Where the flippin hell do I get Unsalted Kerrygold butter, for my bulletproof coffee?!

You don't....

Try a local farmers market for grass fed butter - more and more places have it and cheaper. Even the healtshops may do.

I have a lady out my neck of the woods who gets some and I buy from her directly.

Otherwise try it with the salted one and see if u can manage it - it's not heavy salt

Okay - question time.

Where the flippin hell do I get Unsalted Kerrygold butter, for my bulletproof coffee?!

You don't....

Try it with the salted one and see if u can manage it - it's not heavy salt

Salts ok

Use the std Kerrygold.

It's fine for BPC