LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

The Woolies meals are also very high in carbs, compared to what we normally eat for dinner, but I guess they are good if you are in a hurry. They also contain things like corn starch in some cases.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Woolies meals are also very high in carbs, compared to what we normally eat for dinner, but I guess they are good if you are in a hurry. They also contain things like corn starch in some cases.

I've seen corn starch in the ingredients list even in things like Greek yogurt! It's a shortcut they take to make it thicker I think. Our modern foods suck :(

I've seen corn starch in the ingredients list even in things like Greek yogurt! It's a shortcut they take to make it thicker I think. Our modern foods suck :(

I guess this is the most important thing that Noakes (and even his biggest oppositions) has been saying. Eat whole food. Processed stuff is bad.

Another brand, LifeStyle Food Macadamia Butter, also on the R45 special at Dischem: http://dischem.co.za/product-view/12960/ls-macadamia-butter-400g

The LifeStyle brand really packs a punch in terms of raw taste, with a more solid consistency than Nature's Choice. Imho LifeStyle Mac butter is better than Nature's Choice, also has a further expiration date.

Both LifeStyle Foods and Nature's Choice Macadamia butter has effectively 380 g net weight, since Nature's Choice states 410g with container, both on special now for R45. In the US and Australia you'll be lucky to buy the same for R150.

I don't think there's better bang for buck in terms of a source of fat calories, that is so readily consumable and healthy. If you know of something that can deliver 2600 monounsaturated fat calories (with less than 60g carbs), of which you can easily eat 400g a day and beg for more, for R45, then I'd really like to hear what it is. And then add 22% Omega 7 fats to boot, and 4% polyunsaturated fats at an almost perfect Omega 6:3 ratio, you just can't beat it.

Almost makes me want to buy a Macadamia farm, because I think this is going to be a huge hit in the future, a staple food.

Processed stuff is bad.

This is probably the 'most true' statement on this thread. :thumbup:

I won't go full out banting (and few of you know that I don't buy into the whole thing completely)

but I believe that fats, protein and carbs needs to be balanced (our diets tend to be real carb heavy)

Anyway

No matter what you like - who have made use of the app MyFitnessPal?

I have been logging every single think I eat and drink for 65 odd days now...

I has really given me an insight into my nutrition and I have lost 8kgs so far to boot...

Another brand, LifeStyle Food Macadamia Butter, also on the R45 special at Dischem: http://dischem.co.za/product-view/12960/ls-macadamia-butter-400g

The LifeStyle brand really packs a punch in terms of raw taste, with a more solid consistency than Nature's Choice. Imho LifeStyle Mac butter is better than Nature's Choice, also has a further expiration date.

Both LifeStyle Foods and Nature's Choice Macadamia butter has effectively 380 g net weight, since Nature's Choice states 410g with container, both on special now for R45. In the US and Australia you'll be lucky to buy the same for R150.

I don't think there's better bang for buck in terms of a source of fat calories, that is so readily consumable and healthy. If you know of something that can deliver 2600 monounsaturated fat calories (with less than 60g carbs), of which you can easily eat 400g a day and beg for more, for R45, then I'd really like to hear what it is. And then add 22% Omega 7 fats to boot, and 4% polyunsaturated fats at an almost perfect Omega 6:3 ratio, you just can't beat it.

Almost makes me want to buy a Macadamia farm, because I think this is going to be a huge hit in the future, a staple food.

Can you buy either/both versions at the discounted price in store?

Interesting read.  So if you don't eat enough dairy products, you don't get all the essential nutrients.

I follow this thread out of interest, but haven't tried it as majority of the recipes etc that I have seen involve dairy.  I am sadly allergic to dairy products (even the lactose free ones)

What I would be interested to know is if its possible to stick to this diet without eating dairy?

Yes - but then it's a more Paleo like approach. I wonder what nutrients the are referring too?

Magnus should stick to writing about financial issues... He's not a small guy  himself. 

Sounds like he has an axe to grind with the prof.

Magnus seems like the guy who tries to get a rise out of people. From me, he gets a "meh".

Edited by DomP

Can you buy either/both versions at the discounted price in store?

I believe so, the website prices match the prices during till ringup, even if the isle price labels may be outdated.

I believe so, the website prices match the prices during till ringup, even if the isle price labels may be outdated.

Thanks, bought 4 tubs of the Nature's Choice in store at the reduced price today.