LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

Add some fat : droewors works for me too

Lots of fat in nuts, but I agree droewors works wonders!!

Its also super easy to keep a few sticks in your pocket and easy to eat on the bike.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a lot of info.

Been banting now for 8 weeks or so. Feel really great although I believe I have dropped carbs to low too quickly so playing a bit with maybe taking 70-100 g per day and not below 50 where I was. I started hitting walls on my bike and it has not happened before.

Question: Where can I find a fat bomb recipe? Used to have 1 where you mix it and freeze it in an ice cube bag. I lost the recipe, would like to use it as an alternative to gels if anyone has such a recipe.

Thanks

Try this fat bomb recipe I used a few times

Chocolate Fat Bombs.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

been lchf for almost 18 months. initial weight loss was good (5-8kgs). but ive been stagnating for the last 6 months. i run 4/5x a week, morning breakie is only tea with cream while lunch is something very light. i mostly have a big dinner. ive actually added 2kgs but want to loose some weight before oceans and comrades...

Try this fat bomb recipe I used a few times

Thanks, only picked up the thread again today. Will definitely give it a go...

Hitting the wall is unfortunately a part of the adaptation process from burning glycogen to burning fat!  But I can PROMISE you - it is TEMPORARY.  See it through - it may take 12 weeks to feel better, but it WILL be worth it.    I took slightly longer than 12 weeks (maybe because I am a girl #typicalchic), but it is worth it.  What I did find though, was that when I increased carbs and then went back down to under 50g, I went through the carb thing again... if you are planning races, doing what you are doing is probably the right thing, but if you have time to take yourself through the process, it may be worth seeing this phase through on your <50g.

There are some GREAT fat bomb recipes on the net, maybe google?  The alternative is to take a few pieces of droewors with you for energy?  Works really well for me.  I also like cheese, but it tends to melt on a warm day.

If you are experiencing cramping, remember that a stock cube in water does wonders.

Thanks for the feedback. I have stuck to it and I started feeling very good on the bike over the last 2 weeks. Definitely worth it. Still working on upping the fat intake but I really enjoy the LCHF journey. I can FEEL the benefits.

Lots of fat in nuts, but I agree droewors works wonders!!

Its also super easy to keep a few sticks in your pocket and easy to eat on the bike.

Add some fat : droewors works for me too

Yip, droewors makes a great companion and my girlfriend makes us a nut mix with some salt that really makes the ride yummy.

Anyone notice the soaring prices of nuts? Used to be able to get a mixed 1kg bag at Dischem for less than R150, then it went up to R180 and now over R200!

Edited by Jacquers

Anyone notice the soaring prices of nuts? Used to be able to get a mixed 1kg bag at Dischem for less than R150, then it went up to R180 and now over R200!

Flip ja!!!!  Freaks me out - but on the other hand, helps me not eat them.  I would really like to eat 5 Macadamia's at a time as opposed to the full pkt but I don't... so, I am better off not buying anyway :-)

Macadamia butter has just about doubled in price as well  :thumbdown:

Almond prices doubled, use to buy a bag for R180 late last year, now i see it is about R350

Almond prices doubled, use to buy a bag for R180 late last year, now i see it is about R350

that's just nuts... :ph34r:

It's not just nuts, but also cauliflower and broccoli.

on the other hand, coconut oil came down significantly and there are a lot more brands available.