Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is Crazy, I went to school with this Guy, and he is a "Average middle to back of the Field" Rider, Must have been a random test at Epic (cos he def wasnt competing for places).... Also saw him at Sani race last week and he was closer to the back of the field than the middle.... Need to keep an eye on this one...

Cycling South Africa News

Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

23 May 2013 – Cycling SA received notification from the UCI (International Cycling Union) of an adverse analytical finding from a sample provided by Barry Warmback on 18 March 2013 at the Absa Cape Epic.

The analytical report confirmed the presence of the steroid, Stanozolol in his sample. Barry is therefore provisionally suspended with immediate effect from competing in any event. The SAIDS (South African Institute of Drug-free Sport) process will now take its course.

Cycling SA reiterates its zero-tolerance approach to doping in sport and will continue working with the UCI and SAIDS in the promotion of a drug-free sport via its awareness programmes and extensive testing.

ENDS

STANAZOL, PHEW WE ALL USE THAT, ITS LIKE BIOPLUS

Wow, this is Crazy, I went to school with this Guy, and he is a "Average middle to back of the Field" Rider, Must have been a random test at Epic (cos he def wasnt competing for places).... Also saw him at Sani race last week and he was closer to the back of the field than the middle.... Need to keep an eye on this one...

He could have used a steroid for medical reasons and not known.Why was he tested if he races mid pack?

What an idiot. It's bad enough when podium contenders think they can get away with it, now the backmarkers are doing the same. It's pathetic.

He could have used a steroid for medical reasons and not known.Why was he tested if he races mid pack?

As I said above "Must have been Random Testing"

No way, damnit Barry, been telling you for years to get off the juice - what's wrong with you??

by the way who is Barry Warmback?

What an idiot. It's bad enough when podium contenders think they can get away with it, now the backmarkers are doing the same. It's pathetic.

Think its quite harsh to lable him an "Idiot" off the Bat Falco, as Said somewhere above, this Stanozolol could have come from bioplus or a decongestive nasal spray or anything... Im sure he was not purposely trying to cheat from the back of the field....

Let's face it as a non-Pro fun rider we all use medication for flu and coughs and injuries.I have never worried as i don't race for prize money,i do it for fun.

Never ever crossed my mind that i could be tested.

What will happen to him now?

Let's face it as a non-Pro fun rider we all use medication for flu and coughs and injuries.I have never worried as i don't race for prize money,i do it for fun.

Never ever crossed my mind that i could be tested.

What will happen to him now?

Epic ban?

As I said above "Must have been Random Testing"

RANDOM MIDDLE PACK TESTING,,,FAAARK IS THAT EVEN DONE??? WEIRD,,,WHY

Stanozolol, commonly sold under the name Winstrol (oral) and Winstrol Depot (intramuscular), is a synthetic anabolic steroid derived from dihydrotestosterone. It was developed by Winthrop Laboratories (Sterling Drug) in 1962, and has been approved by the FDA for human use.

Unlike most injectable anabolic steroids, stanozolol is not esterified and is sold as an aqueous suspension, or in oral tablet form. The drug has a high oral bioavailability, due to a C17 a-alkylation which allows the hormone to survive first-pass liver metabolism when ingested. It is because of this that stanozolol is also sold in tablet form.

Stanozolol has been used in both animal and human patients for a number of conditions. In humans, it has been demonstrated to be successful in treating anaemia and hereditary angioedema. Veterinarians may prescribe the drug to improve muscle growth, red blood cell production, increase bone density and stimulate the appetite of debilitated or weakened animals.