Sailing

Witkop

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been sailing and don't know anything about it but that looks and sounds pretty fun.

Let me know if you wanna give it a go - we've got a family friendly spot at Bronkies dam, I'll probably spend 99% of December there.

• 5 weeks later...

I see these getting launched in droves at RCYC, sometimes we even see about 10/12 loaded on a ship together (instead of sailing off on their own, as delivery crew are in short supply with these numbers)

They're actually so numerous that R&C are paying for a large crane at the club to handle the volume.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/robertson-and-caine-boat-builders-in-cape-town-export-catamarans-2019-10

I see these getting launched in droves at RCYC, sometimes we even see about 10/12 loaded on a ship together (instead of sailing off on their own, as delivery crew are in short supply with these numbers)

They're actually so numerous that R&C are paying for a large crane at the club to handle the volume.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/robertson-and-caine-boat-builders-in-cape-town-export-catamarans-2019-10

I believe that R&C now prefer the ship delivery system to delivery crews. 

When using delivery crews, the crews are restricted to using only certain systems and furniture on the voyage to ensure the customer receives their yacht in top condition. Also, risks in ocean crossing deliveries are much higher to insure and to ensure timely deliveries. 

In short, their business has evolved to the point where their current model of output and delivery is the most cost effective and low risk.

The launching at RCYC is strictly for sea trials prior to shipment.

staying on the top of f@#$@#$@#$@#$ fast

After two weeks racing, the four Ultime Trimarans are approaching Cape Town to be reached by Thursday in winds substantially lighter South of the St-Helena anticyclone. Edmond de Rotschild with Franck Cammas/Charles Caudrelier FRA is still leading now with a 100nm advantage on Macif (François Gabart/Gwenolé Gahinet FRA). After the repair stops of these two teams, it is the turn of Sodebo who lost the port rudder after a collision with flotsam. A repair stop has been planned in Cape Town. On rank 3 is therefore now Actual with Yves Le Blevec FRA/Axel Pella ESP 330nm behind the leader. —– The race tracker, the news and the videos.