Your Enduro ride

Robodog

Odd, I thought it was introduced in 2012, I had a replacement 2012 frame and the 1 1/8 was a straight drop in.. unless I was sold a 1 1/4 and told otherwise??!!

I think this "2" version arrived with the 2013 bikes. I know the new Trance 29er has it, and it was one of the things that steered me away from that bike. AFAIK Giant are the only ones making stems for it at the moment.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong buyt overdrive is just another name for tapered. 1.5 bottom and 11/8th at the top.

The stem should be unaffected by the headtube.

Its Overdrive 2 - FSA brand headset and is bigger than 1 1/8 - more like 1 1/4. I found the stem on the rack at Action cycles and swopped it out with the 70 mm one on the bike.Giant show the am stems on their site...

I have one of the TX29ers with this OD2. Apparently the shortest stem I can get is 70mm, which should be about right anyway, but I would have preferred more choice.

Looks like a guy I met in Tokai.. I am bad with names but friend of hub member Droo.. He is fast and fearless but incredibly gullible. Good for a few laughs! :w00t:

Right bike wrong rider - lol

Right bike wrong rider - lol

Rider = Rupert! All the info is rattling around in this head, just needs some order..

I have one of the TX29ers with this OD2. Apparently the shortest stem I can get is 70mm, which should be about right anyway, but I would have preferred more choice.

Get hold of Dragon's sports in CT or get your shop to order one of the shorty am stems to try - it looks welll made and in 50 mm length pretty light.

Came across this on Dirtopia FB page now...

Not you perhaps Headshot?

I'm also guilty of pulling weird faces during exciting trails unfortunately. :lol:

I'm also guilty of pulling weird faces during exciting trails unfortunately. :lol:

now this is a face you dont want to pull

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/10338_395929243850602_1749914608_n.jpg

now this is a face you dont want to pull

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/10338_395929243850602_1749914608_n.jpg

LOL

That's the look that happens when you find out in the air that they moved the landing of the gap jump a further metre away since you were last there.

Thought I'd post my Trance with a couple of changes to it:

Fox Talas 140

KS dropper post

C6 chain guide (2x)

Maxxis Highroller/ Minion tires

Truvativ Holzfeller stem

have the exact same bike and was also pondering 140mm, how much of a difference does it make to overall ride feel?

This thread needs more wood...

I saw one getting built last night. Wonder when the owner will post the bloody pics...

The bits took so long to get together. The build took so long to happen. The pics taking so longto post. Think it's going be a slow bike.

:P

have the exact same bike and was also pondering 140mm, how much of a difference does it make to overall ride feel?

With the 140mm up front, there's definitely a noticeable feel to the bike. I can run the fork with slightly less air and therefore makes the front end more plush. Head angle becomes more slack so it's great for the down sections.

oh, and I just sold the Trance last week

With the 140mm up front, there's definitely a noticeable feel to the bike. I can run the fork with slightly less air and therefore makes the front end more plush. Head angle becomes more slack so it's great for the down sections.

oh, and I just sold the Trance last week

What you replacing the trance with... Its a pretty great bike imo