Your Enduro ride

Robodog

As in GT DHI?

:unsure: has my taste in things been reflected THAT bad?

this is unfortunatly an Enduro thread, cant post it here

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo Yo

Looking good Tim

Fiona is currently in a mobile state, but at the LBS for some "work" to be done. The new brakes need a full bleed and I have asked Action to cut off the granny ring tabs so that I can run my Single Ring Chain guide with rollers.

Meezo was kind enough to donate a seatpost that I will fit for the ride home and this evening I will mount the guide and hopefully this will work without any issues, then take a little time to get the base suspension settings right before being able to take her for her first "dirt" maiden ride tomorrow on Table Mountain.

Pics are not the most current and will be updated tomorrow again.

Thats not taken too long to get sorted - let us know how the roadie test session goes...

:unsure: has my taste in things been reflected THAT bad?

this is unfortunatly an Enduro thread, cant post it here

You not serious.. @Mayhem, wasn't your DHI like 40kg's or something.. ok, weighed with pedals.. tee hee

Guest Omega Man

You not serious.. @Mayhem, wasn't your DHI like 40kg's or something.. ok, weighed with pedals.. tee hee

She's probably talking about the plastic one. Myles's one was the 1987 one made from recycled bridge girders.

She's probably talking about the plastic one. Myles's one was the 1987 one made from recycled bridge girders.

MWAA HA! Felt like it and judging from his expression on the uphills, looked like it too!

Which one Hayley? Plastic or cast iron?

How the hell do you mount the Nics?? They are so damned tight that when I finally go the rear on on, I had to sit down for a while..

They are so tight on the Subrosa's that it inflated with a hand pump, no stans and all my injuries!? Then I discovered that the rim tape was twisted so had to take it off again?! That's as far as I got..

I got the Snake Skin and have been impressed - with tube- so far. Narrow for 2.25..

I struggle badly getting any wire beaded tyre over a Spank wheel bead. Feels like one of those puzzles you twist and turn and get it right and then wonder htf did that just happen. That trick about making sure the bead of the side that's already mounted is sitting in the center recess of the wheel is key!

Mounted on mavics (823s and Deemaxes), i haven't had a problem.

I struggle badly getting any wire beaded tyre over a Spank wheel bead. Feels like one of those puzzles you twist and turn and get it right and then wonder htf did that just happen. That trick about making sure the bead of the side that's already mounted is sitting in the center recess of the wheel is key!

Get yourself a set of "crow bar" tyre levers ... lekker to pop any tire on and off with when you need a little muscle vs a std tyre lever.

None of that happening with this rim tyre combo.. The Sub's actually have a raised channel.. go figure! My poor fingers, going to rest them for a few more days.

Thats not taken too long to get sorted - let us know how the roadie test session goes...

At this stage, just getting to ride her in the house will be a blast!

Get yourself a set of "crow bar" tyre levers ... lekker to pop any tire on and off with when you need a little muscle vs a std tyre lever.

Yeah. 2 of those, broken. Same rims as Pain or Shine. Spank subrosas. If you think the Schwalbes are bad, try some WTB Weirwolfs!

OMFS. I almost died!

Hey bro, she was true to form. Flew like a brick. All gracefully until there was nothing underneath her. Then she plummeted.

Fark that thing did NOT want to pedal.

Guest Omega Man

Yeah. 2 of those, broken. Same rims as Pain or Shine. Spank subrosas. If you think the Schwalbes are bad, try some WTB Weirwolfs!

OMFS. I almost died!

haha.. I've got the most gnarly tire levers in the history of the world. They are like 8 inches long. Love them. They do scratch up rims tho so I use the plastics for everything but that last heave ho.

These are them

post-18968-0-61929300-1372764692_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Hey bro, she was true to form. Flew like a brick. All gracefully until there was nothing underneath her. Then she plummeted.

Fark that thing did NOT want to pedal.

Haha. And the irony is you now have a 15kg bike that is more capable downhill AND can be pedaled uphill. Got to love technology.

Haha. And the irony is you now have a 15kg bike that is more capable downhill AND can be pedaled uphill. Got to love technology.

Yeha. I love my bike. Will love it even more when I get another fork for it.

Meh.