Your Enduro ride

Robodog

Blackspire Stinger is the simplest

http://www.blackspire.com/site_assets/www.blackspire.com/images/dynamic/StingersAll.jpg

yup!

that's what I was running.

Original Setup:

• 2x9
  • Blackspire Stinger
  • Straitline Bashguard
  • 36T and 28T M970 specific Blackspire Chainrings
  • 11-34T XTR 9sp Cassette
  • XT FD
  • X0 9sp long cage RD
  • X0 shifters

That Transformed into:

• 2x9
  • Blackspire Stinger
  • Straitline Bashguard
  • 11-34T XTR 9sp Cassette
  • XT FD
  • Saint 10sp Clutch RD (running as 9sp SRAMano)
  • X0 Shifters

Then into:

• 2x10
  • Blackspire Stinger
  • Straitline Bashguard
  • 11-36T SLX 10sp Cassette
  • XT FD
  • Saint 10sp Clutch RD (running as as 10sp)
  • SLX i-spec shifter

And in it's final Super-Saiyan form...

• 1x10
  • Straitline Bashguard
  • 34T Race Face NW Chainring
  • 11-36T SLX 10sp Cassette
  • Saint 10sp Clutch RD
  • SLX i-spec shifter

(So I got rid of a shifter, chainring, chain guide, and front derailleur)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

always loved the spesh SX.. :drool: :wub:

Actually not a SX :w00t: Its a big hit, so its their freeride frame running and the lower end of its travel at 160mm up front and 170mm at the back. It is a a bit of a fatty, but still a looker.

Actually not a SX :w00t: Its a big hit, so its their freeride frame running and the lower end of its travel at 160mm up front and 170mm at the back. It is a a bit of a fatty, but still a looker.

I think if you are going to have purple bits, then the frame needs to be black or white. But that's just me... I'm sure she rides like a dream.

Thanks guy, will gooogle it.

Looking at how the chainguides tension the chain on the bottom side as well, would this reduce chain karate as well?

Sounds way more hardcore than complaining about chainslap :lol:

I think if you are going to have purple bits, then the frame needs to be black or white. But that's just me... I'm sure she rides like a dream.

Haha, I actually started out feeling that way.

The purple bits were all transfered from my white jump frame I sold, I just moved them across thinking I would get a more appropriate colour after paying for the alps trip for next year, but now I have really started to like the combo so probably won't change it.

thanks for helping me out. took a stab albeit i wasn't sure if it was the SX. But doesnt change my infatuation with the real deal though.

thanks for helping me out. took a stab albeit i wasn't sure if it was the SX. But doesnt change my infatuation with the real deal though.

I firmly agree

http://www.sicklines.com/gallery/data/895/2009_sx_trail_stock.jpg

Thanks guy, will gooogle it.

Looking at how the chainguides tension the chain on the bottom side as well, would this reduce chain karate as well?

the MRP x2 is made by MRP, not SRAM. I have just taken mine off as I now ride a 1x10. The MRP is well made, but doesnt stop the chain falling off the big ring unless the clutch is engaged so pretty useless IMO.

the MRP x2 is made by MRP, not SRAM. I have just taken mine off as I now ride a 1x10. The MRP is well made, but doesnt stop the chain falling off the big ring unless the clutch is engaged so pretty useless IMO.

SRAM and MRP work together to make guides... in fact SRAM might even own MRP...

http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/j77Nij78NzeoK-g5ly2uSqI_V1FCHcWg00KdkYcB6kU/mtime:1372788203/sites/default/files/images/products/accessories/2012-x0_chain_guide-large-en.jpg

So if anyone is shopping for a bike, I just popped in to the concept store at Melrose Arch and was speaking to one of the staff and it seems one of the owners is selling his Enduro for R14000. She didn't know year oir spec but said anyone could enquire at the store.

I am hating my cSixx...they clearly have much room for improving the design.

What are you hating about it? I couldn't be happier...

Love my 150g. Considering getting a granny and running a doubler later on.

Will use the 150g on the DH rig or play bike.

I have the 150g. It is just bulky and tooooo manu little components everywhere and the tolerances everywhere isnt the same, so I get a lot of rub, doesnt matter how I set it up.

It also gathers too much dirt and then it is difficult to get it clean. I strip the complete one maby ever 7-8 weeks just to clean it thoroughly.