Your Enduro ride

Robodog

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I realise that this is probably rude but I'm going to do it anyway! All this talk of swapping bits and pieces... does anybody have a spare 40/50mm stem lurking about in their parts box? Just received my Answer Pro Taper bars for my trail bike (I say trail because I have not had the opportunity to get to an Enduro even yet...) Currently running FSA 680 XC bars with a FSA 80mm stem and it just feels WRONG! After getting off my DH bike with 780 FUNN bars and 50mm stem, riding the Teocali feels like steering a bus with a Momo steering wheel....

Guest Omega Man

That frame was on my 3 frame short-list. Suuuch a lekker bike.

Ja. And with clutches and 1x10 gearing that thing is a win. Perfect bike park bike. Ahem!

Pittstop come ride that puppy at the race on Sunday. That thing will love the jumps.

Edited by Omega Man

Ja. And with clutches and 1x10 gearing that thing is a win. Perfect bike park bike. Ahem!

Pittstop come ride that puppy at the race on Sunday. That thing will love the jumps.

Yeah. And so customizable.

Which race is on Sunday???

Nice, Marc! What guise u running her in for the moment?

Need to see play around and see what works for what still once assembled, but currently building it light for trying to do some uphill. Going to start in short travel mode and change from there.

Full specs when assembled:

Frame: NS Soda

Fork: Durolux (180mm)

Shock: Monarch + RC3

Wheels: Hope Pro2 Evo with Flow EX rims

Crank: Saint with 32 chainring (have 34 as well but am soooo unfit at the moment).

Pedals: Nukeproof

Brakes: XT (203 rotor front & 180mm rear)

Seatpost: Reverb

Saddle: Nukeproof

Stem: Nukeproof 50mm

Handlebar: Dartmoor Blacklabel

Cassette: XT 11-36

Drivetrain: Zee with XT shifter and chain

Skills probably not up to that course yet, and still recovering from a recent sickness. Also bike won't be ready by then.

Might pull through to spectate depending on life and other stuff.

Yeah. And so customizable.

That's why I chose the Soda. Also have a RS Kage and Domain for swopping onto the bike for when feeling like being more adventurous.....still need to get a sturdier wheelset for that though. Options.....I like them

That's why I chose the Soda. Also have a RS Kage and Domain for swopping onto the bike for when feeling like being more adventurous.....still need to get a sturdier wheelset for that though. Options.....I like them

in terms of wheels, albeit quite bland in appearance, consider the Mavic EX 821. It's the 'bland' version of their latest enduro specific rims. Fully UST complaint, as bombproof as the trust EX 823s, but lighter.

I would've taken the 821s had they not had such a long lead time. Went with the 823s instead.

in terms of wheels, albeit quite bland in appearance, consider the Mavic EX 821. It's the 'bland' version of their latest enduro specific rims. Fully UST complaint, as bombproof as the trust EX 823s, but lighter.

I would've taken the 821s had they not had such a long lead time. Went with the 823s instead.

For enduro rims I have the current Flows on the bike. The second sturdier wheelset I need will be more for when I change the bike into a DH spec......Looking at the following set of wheels. https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/61149-intense-socom-fro-medium/

For enduro rims I have the current Flows on the bike. The second sturdier wheelset I need will be more for when I change the bike into a DH spec......Looking at the following set of wheels. https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/61149-intense-socom-fro-medium/

I can tell you that bike has hardly been ridden. He just has so many bikes and didnt get a chance to ride it much. When it did get some riding it was on the Spruit and at Van Gaalens :lol: