Your Enduro ride

Robodog

Huge amounts of jealousy right now. Very nice, congrats!

Please post a full build spec when you get a chance...

Thanks a mil Dude. Build spec as requested...

Frame: Knolly Warden Carbon (X-LARGE) with AMS XL Clear Frame Protection kit

Fork: RockShox Lyrik (BOOST 110) with MRP Ramp control cartridge

Shocks: Cane Creek Double Barrel Coil CS (Climb Switch) TFTuned

Wheelset: Derby Wide Carbon Rims laced to Hope Pro4 Hubs

Tyre: Front - Maxxis Minion DHF WT (Wide Trail) 2.5" DD Casing

Tyre: Rear - Maxxis Minion SS 2.3" DD Casing

Crank: SIXC 175mm with 32T Straitline NW Chainring

Pedals; Straitline AMP (Ti-Grey/Gold)

Saddle: Joystick Binary Carbon

Bars: Joystick Analog Carbon 35mm x 800mm

Stem: Joystick Builder 35mm Dia. 50mm Length

Grips: DMR Deathgrip Camo

Seatpost: Rock Shox Reverb Stealth 150mm

Brakes: Hope Tech 3 V4's with Braided Hoses (Front Rotor: 203mm/Rear Rotor: 180mm)

Drivetrain: SRAM GX 11 speed

Looking to go XX1 or XO1 at some point to drop a bit more weight and get it into the 13kg weight area. Other than putting on lighter tyres (not worth it in Gauteng due to my weight and the terrain) it's one of the only areas really left for me to bring weight down but in all honesty not too fussed about it being super light, it's a do it all bike but I've placed all the bias to perform on the downs and there it most certainly excels.

Absolutely love riding this bike. Puts a smile on my face every time I swing a leg over!!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Built up the new 2018 Knolly Warden a few weeks back. I went with an XL instead of a Large that it replaced and the difference has been noticeable and worth going a size up. Feels even better being a tad more stretched out and centred on the bike, 150mm dropper is now slammed and perfect peddling reach.

No geo changes from the old, just new colour scheme and they're now clear coating the frames as previous fully raw models graphics were fading from sun exposure. Still the raw carbon under but the clear coat really makes it pop. Loving the stealth grey as the previous yellow dated quickly and super stoked with how it turned out!

Was trying to think of something witty and sharp to say but frankly couldn't as that is just a filthy build. Never really liked Knolly's but I love that! 

Thanks a mil Dude. Build spec as requested...

Frame: Knolly Warden Carbon (X-LARGE) with AMS XL Clear Frame Protection kit

Fork: RockShox Lyrik (BOOST 110) with MRP Ramp control cartridge

Shocks: Cane Creek Double Barrel Coil CS (Climb Switch) TFTuned

Wheelset: Derby Wide Carbon Rims laced to Hope Pro4 Hubs

Tyre: Front - Maxxis Minion DHF WT (Wide Trail) 2.5" DD Casing

Tyre: Rear - Maxxis Minion SS 2.3" DD Casing

Crank: SIXC 175mm with 32T Straitline NW Chainring

Pedals; Straitline AMP (Ti-Grey/Gold)

Saddle: Joystick Binary Carbon

Bars: Joystick Analog Carbon 35mm x 800mm

Stem: Joystick Builder 35mm Dia. 50mm Length

Grips: DMR Deathgrip Camo

Seatpost: Rock Shox Reverb Stealth 150mm

Brakes: Hope Tech 3 V4's with Braided Hoses (Front Rotor: 203mm/Rear Rotor: 180mm)

Drivetrain: SRAM GX 11 speed

Looking to go XX1 or XO1 at some point to drop a bit more weight and get it into the 13kg weight area. Other than putting on lighter tyres (not worth it in Gauteng due to my weight and the terrain) it's one of the only areas really left for me to bring weight down but in all honesty not too fussed about it being super light, it's a do it all bike but I've placed all the bias to perform on the downs and there it most certainly excels.

Absolutely love riding this bike. Puts a smile on my face every time I swing a leg over!!

A good dump before you swing a leg over is an underrated weight reduction............

Built up the new 2018 Knolly Warden a few weeks back. I went with an XL instead of a Large that it replaced and the difference has been noticeable and worth going a size up. Feels even better being a tad more stretched out and centred on the bike, 150mm dropper is now slammed and perfect peddling reach.

No geo changes from the old, just new colour scheme and they're now clear coating the frames as previous fully raw models graphics were fading from sun exposure. Still the raw carbon under but the clear coat really makes it pop. Loving the stealth grey as the previous yellow dated quickly and super stoked with how it turned out!

WOW!!!, may you have many enjoyable moments

Thanks a mil gents, stoked!! There's actually a Large 2016 Warden Carbon in the classifieds going for an awesome price if anyone's interested.

Does anyone have an Enduro or trail bike for sale?

Pm me if you do

Or if you know where i can find a good one

Check with the guys from Over the bars in Durban,might have some Lapierre bikes available.

Here it is...  second hand frame and fork off the hub and the other bits from sales wherever I could find it.

loving the dual position pike (130/160), the extra 30mm makes a big difference for getting the front up when the trail points down.  Also went for the KS lev dropper, seems like a better deal than the reverb from a reliability / maintenance point of view.

attachicon.gifCapture30.JPG

which model SC is this?

Picking this beast up later today - 2018 Enduro comp. Specialized warranty part exchange on my old enduro frame. The colour is far brighter than the pic. The Spec is surprisingly good - Gx 1x11, Guide R Brakes 200mm up front, Yari 170mm up front, 170 mm  Monarch Plus out back. Feeling very excited!s1600_2018_Specialized_Enduro_COMP_27_5_

Picking this beast up later today - 2018 Enduro comp. Specialized warranty part exchange on my old enduro frame. The colour is far brighter than the pic. The Spec is surprisingly good - Gx 1x11, Guide R Brakes 200mm up front, Yari 170mm up front, 170 mm  Monarch Plus out back. Feeling very excited!s1600_2018_Specialized_Enduro_COMP_27_5_

Like a Boss .... now I like ripping off Spaz, because it is fun, but that is a bike I would love to swing a leg over!

Like a Boss .... now I like ripping off Spaz, because it is fun, but that is a bike I would love to swing a leg over!

I am thoroughly impressed with Specialized and Revolution Cycles. Amazing warranty on my old carbon frame and service and comms from Revolution have been out of the top drawer!

My wife also deserves a mention for encouraging me to warranty the frame - I wasn't convinced they would assist me. I was wrong...

Why do the wheels look so small?