The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“I’m hearing the rumours about the route and starting to piece together how I think I’m going to tackle it... Those rumours include reports of a stage over the cobbles in northern France, which do ring alarm bells for me”.

Froome Dawg

“Those rumors include reports of a stage over the cobbles in northern France, which do ring alarm bells for me”.

Also rumors it might hi into Flanders as well.

Brilliant, how to add some serious grit to the 101st edition. All those riders who duck and hide from the classics and avoid Roubaix cant get away from pave when the tour rolls through.

It won't ever be like a spring race but it's never short of thrills as the strong men go for the stage and the GC contenders try to work out how strike the balance of keeping out of trouble and riding hard and fast enough not to put your self in danger. Froome better buy Sean Kelly's book for a pointer or two.

If I was a contender believe I'd spend spring recon'ing the cobbles and look to make a statement on those sections. Anything can happen and if you're not at the front, going fast then you're looking for and accident. Remember schleck last time around?

on other tour news:

BOURGES, France (AFP) — Albert Bourlon, who holds the record for the longest ever breakaway in the Tour de France, has died at the age of 96, his family announced on Thursday.

Born on November 23, 1916, the Frenchman lined up in his first Tour in 1938.

After the race resumed following World War II, Bourlon created Tour history with a 253-kilometer stage-winning break between Carcassonne and Luchon on July 11, 1947.

During the war he was captured and then escaped to Romania, where in 1944 he won the Bucharest-Ploesti-Bucharest classic.

Bourlon died at Bourges, where the velodrome is named in his honor, on Wednesday.

http://ledicodutour.perso.sfr.fr/images/coureurs/bourlon_2.jpg

Super excited! And then for the next 2 weeks I will be researching, Google earthing and booking for another of the Worlds greatest bike race. Just hope it will be a bit more exciting than this years race

Super excited! And then for the next 2 weeks I will be researching, Google earthing and booking for another of the Worlds greatest bike race. Just hope it will be a bit more exciting than this years race

Not nice to brag and make the rest of us jealous :whistling:

Not nice to brag and make the rest of us jealous :whistling:

No jelousy meant. Taking shots of the Tour just happens to be my job thrown in with a bit of a holiday and boat loads of fun

• 3 weeks later...