Quarq quatro mtb crank

George Nel

Anybody using the quatro,what is your experience?

Mine is of pure hell,I'm on my second spider and it works only for a few rides than it just dies.

I see they have pulled the MTB system from the international web page, for now at least, seems u might not be the only one have problems.

The only system that has remained proven in the road and MTB side of things is the CycleOps PowerTap hubs, especially on the MTB the hub is generally one of the most protected areas of the bike.

Sorry to hear your problems.

The only system that has remained proven in the road and MTB side of things is the CycleOps PowerTap hubs

SRM?

SRM?

Never seen one on a MTB, of course they make them but their use in the MTB market is not the same as what it is on the road.

There was a thread about running quarq on 1x11. Contact Bell Cylcing in Nelspruit. Gawie Combrink is running it but with a road spider.

i got a refund,Nico Bell said his had to be replaced 3 times.Stay far away from Quarq mtb powermeters,the road ones are good,no wonder its not in production any more.I'll stick to powertap.

Man am I glad I did not buy one, was very close. Those things are so expensive and then it does not work....

they don't even deny that it does'nt work.Why the hell sell it in the first place???they must do a recall on all units.

• 2 weeks later...

they don't even deny that it does'nt work.Why the hell sell it in the first place???they must do a recall on all units.

i just had mine replaced under warrantee - no questions asked. only issue is that I bought it in the US - so I had to ship it back there at my own cost R1700 later...

The technician I was corresponding with said the new 2013 units are working fine - can anyone comment on this?

mine is still brand new, i have not fitted the warrentee unit to my bike yet, considering putting on e-bay and getting it sold?

• 1 month later...

Just purchased a Quarq Quatro MTB crank.

Been riding with it for about 2 weeks.

Yesterday the power & cadence reading was VERY high for a short period, after which the power & cadence reading "died".

Is this the same problem others have experienced?

I am so frustrated!

All my training is watt based.

Have sent Quarq an e-mail, hoping to receive a response tomorrow.

Is there an approved servicing agent in SA?