IM70.3 SA 2014

Milkworx

Absolutely we we're just messing with the newbies and all in good humour. There will be a lightbulb moment in IMBC when you realise this is just another race and why the hell was I so psyched out by it.

Its not only the newbies .... the moment you put down a time or work towards it you automatically feel a little under pressure. :blush:

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the bike profile - the official race mag has it at 1327m.

Their website has it at 1177m .... strange

Die Berger 780m

Argus 1280m

Fantastic swim course, nice and sheltered from the prevailing winds, take it easy and start wide and its a breeze, sighting is good on the return thanks to the harbour crane. I have checked out the profile of the swim and it looks dead flat.

The ride is only really 45 km of graft, then its downhill back to town, a few rollers to keep back the fatties and the unfit makes it a proper ride rather than just a draft fest.

The vibe on the run and the spectators make the run really special, what great scenery, and the run along the harbour is pretty cool, running down bunkers gives you a fantastic break and allows you to enjoy yourself, especially on the last lap where you can save yourself for a nice finishing kick.

And my final thought, in the words of Sebastian Kienle, "If it's hurting me, it's killing them". That's what the training was for.

Bring it on baby, gonna crush it

Fantastic swim course, nice and sheltered from the prevailing winds, take it easy and start wide and its a breeze, sighting is good on the return thanks to the harbour crane. I have checked out the profile of the swim and it looks dead flat.

The ride is only really 45 km of graft, then its downhill back to town, a few rollers to keep back the fatties and the unfit makes it a proper ride rather than just a draft fest.

The vibe on the run and the spectators make the run really special, what great scenery, and the run along the harbour is pretty cool, running down bunkers gives you a fantastic break and allows you to enjoy yourself, especially on the last lap where you can save yourself for a nice finishing kick.

And my final thought, in the words of Sebastian Kienle, "If it's hurting me, it's killing them". That's what the training was for.

You are so right. It is an absolutely superb race to be part of and I cannot wait. It is by no means easy, but that is one of the reasons it is so special. This will be my third and for the first time my training has not been interrupted by injury. First year, ITB, second year ITB surgery 5 months before. This year, no injuries and I stuck to my training plan as well as I could. I don't know if it was enough to go under 6 hrs, but I have decided to not get caught up in the hype about time and just go out and soak up every moment of the event. My wife is doing her first, so it is a special one and hopefully I can finish early to support her on the run, as she has done for me the past 2 years.

I have been considering renting out my TT bike to those that want to aim for specific targets this may be appealing. Buying a TT bike for a very limited number of races can be extremely costly.

I have a Wilier Twin Blade TT bike with Full Sram Red and Disk rear wheel, in a medium size. Contact me and we can work something out that's mutually beneficial.

I understand you would need to train in this position for a certain duration so I'm open to ideas.This would be easiest to arrange for someone in Cape Town.

I don't race any Tri events so it would be available for both IM's and other short course races.

Nev - if you have no takers, lets just talk about them wheels :) haha

If you really want to get me worked up start talking about the weather and how difficult the run course is. THat'll really get my first-time nerves going

Swim profile if the east wind blows:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\

:devil:

Edited by dracs

I tried REALY hard not to click the link, but just couldn't help my self..........

same here.will have to click again trow to see whats up on sunday.not that it is going to make any difference as to my preparation.

just a question .how does a rainy day's racing differ from non raining day.do you do anything different? ps my shoes might get cleaner.

I would rather only look at the race day weather the day before the race.. else the one day it says its good, yay, the next day its says its bad, noooo - don't feel the roller-coaster emotions ;-)

Just remember... us 'fatties' have gravity on our side on the downhills.

Best you make way. :D

I am doing the 70.3 with a Tri bike for the first time so, what is the best position to climb those hills in EL? Stay on aerobars as long as possible or immediately sit up and slide back on your saddle?

Edited by ADe

I am doing the 70.3 with a Tri bike for the first time so, what is the best position to climb those hills in EL? Stay on aerobars as long as possible or immediately sit up and back on your seat?

You won't get an aero advantage uphill so which ever is the most comfortable and where you generate the most power easiest.