1. 1. Is it a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Burger, really enjoyed this one! Some nice new st on the 60km!

Perfect storm was nice meeting you on the route!

Where did you see the results?

I managed to complete my little 30km Die Burgher challenge today somewhere around 2hrs. Absolutely loved it, felt bit tired half way through (never ridden 30kms amoungst others before) but found the course to be very manageable. Up hills quite a challenge but Tokai has got me used to plugging on until reaching the top. I also Managed to hit my highest downhill speed and due to lack of technical routes never actually fell off, but did have to stop when on two separate occassions someone either fell off or stopped directly infront of me. All in all, a fantastic experience.

The singletrack on the 42 I would'nt describe it as awesome but better than the worst I've experienced .

Definately not my type of race to race , I'm happy to serve as support rider .

I enjoyed the race but would of been so much better had there been more ST. I'd say about 4km of the 42km was ST :thumbdown: :thumbdown: .

Big UPS to the organisers.. but some more ST next year PLEASE :blush:

Does anyone know if the two guys with their rigid SS finished the 75km? crazy that they attempted this

Well three guys on rigid SS passed me (every time on a climb), and I finished so I guess they all made it home. Respect! Some of those short climbs were very steep!

I picked up a Garmin on the 75km race. Please let me know if it yours or if you know someone who has lost one.

Thanx for doing a good deed

Chris will contact you today to collect

Cheers

Marius

Well done Burger, really enjoyed this one! Some nice new st on the 60km!

Perfect storm was nice meeting you on the route!

Where did you see the results?

Nice one Jorrie! Lekke meeting hubbers at races! Did your wifey finish ok?

Edited by The Perfect Storm

Chuffed with 37th place in the 60km! 18mins better than last year, I'll be back!

Edited by The Perfect Storm

O, I did the 75km and approved with 20 min!

Nice een Jorsie! Het Kotie sy SS gery? Ek sien hy't ook n mooi tyd gery! En as dit nog op n SS was sal ons hom moet laat toets!! Haha

What distance did you do ?

Did the 60, was going good till just after the water point at delheim. Got the first one there. Changed the tire and carried on, and just after the last long climb I felt my back wheel moving under me. Bombed it, rode on for a bit but didn't seal, so walked and jogged back to the finish

Oja! Jorrie, I think we must swap bikes, you have exactly what I want!! Haha! Till next time!

Baie verbaas, syt klaargemaak met n 3:20! 4de vrou! Seker maar die 3 kinders wat haar stamina gee....

Oja! Jorrie, I think we must swap bikes, you have exactly what I want!! Haha! Till next time!

Ja, het jou ad gesien! Leke bike daai wat jy het, al baie gedink ek moes 'n hardtail koop, maar as die rit lank raak is die duelie darem leke! Dink ons moet swap vir 'n race!

I managed a 2:38 for the 42km.

The heat was pretty hectic but I'm sure if I went harder in the beginning I could have shaved 10mins off my time. Great weather, Marshalls were very good and the scenery was stunning. Next year I'm doing the 60km.