Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

We are flying Emirates. On Emirates you get 1 piece of checked luggage weighing in at a max of 30kg. So in short you don't pay for a bike if it's under 30kg. You also get 7kg hand luggage and I'm taking my helmet in my hand.

My boxed DH bike came in at 21kg. I've smashed in a few other odds and ends to get it close to 30kg.

Some of the other guys in my crew are going Turkish. On Turkish you pay 90 euro each way for a bike. 60 for the SA-Turkey sector and 30 for the Turkey-Geneva sector. They then still have their full luggage allowance which is 30kg I think.

I've only flown Emirates and Qatar with bikes before but I think the 30kg on Emirates makes them my first choice airline for flying with a bike. Despite Dubai airport.

I've not used them before but on BA apparently you can book a bike in for 35 pounds each way. you have to notify them up front tho

When it comes to flying with a bike the NUMBER ONE rule is to know the terms and conditions of your particular airline. I see far too many choppers on this site in particular bitching about this and that airline for charging them for transporting their bikes. You need to remember a few things when flying. You ARE just a number. They are in the business to make money. The dolly at the counter isn't trying to steal your life savings. It's a ball ache for them to transport bikes.

Hope that helps.

Geez, you flying tomorrow?! I need to get some tools, you home later - in fact, you home now?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Geez, you flying tomorrow?! I need to get some tools, you home later - in fact, you home now?

Ja..... I was wondering when you'd catch a wake up. Lol.

Not home now I'm probly home at 6. You need to get them tonight cos tomorrow is a busy day for me dude. Got a lot to do before the missus takes the tracking device off my ankle.

HA! I got that feeling, that your movements are tracked that is.

Will see you after 6..

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - Just back from Morzine.

What an awesome riding experience. Defintely worth going if you enjoy riding technical single track. You dont need to be a full on down hill junky. Next time I will take a cadence meter just to see how much I didn't peddel :thumbup:

Just a recommendation to anyone going, make sure you pack a kidney belt.

Guest Omega Man

Wow - Just back from Morzine.

What an awesome riding experience. Defintely worth going if you enjoy riding technical single track. You dont need to be a full on down hill junky. Next time I will take a cadence meter just to see how much I didn't peddel :thumbup:

Just a recommendation to anyone going, make sure you pack a kidney belt.

Were you the okes we spoke to in Chatel?

Guest Omega Man

1 Day.

2 Countries.

3 Bike Parks

11 Mates

102 Kilometers

13954 Meters

Guest Omega Man

The boys about to drop into Chatel for the first time

post-18968-0-77865400-1374232516_thumb.jpg