Guest Omega Man

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread has been quiet for a while.

Who is going to be joining Omega man and others in 2015?

Add your name and city to the list:

Omega man - CPT

Murray_lotus7 - Jhb

Sidewinder - Jhb

Nofearnofun - Jhb

Guest Omega Man

The thread has been quiet for a while.

Who is going to be joining Omega man and others in 2015?

Add your name and city to the list:

Omega man - CPT

Murray_lotus7 - Jhb

Sidewinder - Jhb

Nofearnofun - Jhb

Karl CPT

Troydon Los Angeles

The thread has been quiet for a while.Who is going to be joining Omega man and others in 2015?Add your name and city to the list:Omega man - CPTMurray_lotus7 - JhbSidewinder - JhbNofearnofun - Jhb

Hells yeah! Is it July yet...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Omega Man

Where are all the other Capetonians?

Good to hear Kevin is joining again.

Your roomie is deciding today.

I will be leaving SA on the 10th of July for the U.K. , from there I will meet you guys in Geneva on the 18th (still deciding if I should fly or take the scenic route and catch a train, nice 10 hour train ride).

Guest Omega Man

I will be leaving SA on the 10th of July for the U.K. , from there I will meet you guys in Geneva on the 18th (still deciding if I should fly or take the scenic route and catch a train, nice 10 hour train ride).

Jees. If you have the time take the train. France is spectacularly beautiful. I don't know this for sure but I've heard it's not an easy task changing trains in Paris tho.

Jees. If you have the time take the train. France is spectacularly beautiful. I don't know this for sure but I've heard it's not an easy task changing trains in Paris tho.

Yeah, I am very keen on the train. I am a bit sceptical of the change overs though as I will have two change overs, not sure about doing this with my bike and kit...

Edit: Time wise, it looks like I would spend most of the day on the 17th on the train, spend the night in Geneva and look for something to do while I wait for you guys.

Edited by Nofearnofun

As much as I love long distance train rides, if you're dragging your bike along, rather avoid the trains. If they're anything like the German ones, it's going to be a huge pain in the ass dragging the bike through the (often crowded) stations for changeovers. Some trains also don't really have decent storage space, so the box will be in the way. You could DHL the bike from the UK to France, but it'll be pricey.

If you book in advance the flights will be cheaper and faster. 

Another option: There are always a ton of Brits in France around that time. Maybe look on Pinkbike to see if you can catch a lift with someone.

• 1 month later...

I have used a train ,with a bike bag, from Italy to Geneva, was going ok,but then an unexpected train breakdown had me running.

I have used a train ,with a bike bag, from Italy to Geneva, was going ok,but then an unexpected train breakdown had me running.

Why didn't you just ride?

I saw their bakkie with 2 bikes on the back on the N2 just before Mosselbay heading in the George direction on Thursday, are at the Garden Route bike park?