Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s why I went console years ago.

The developers have to make the game work on the hardware rather than making what they want and then me having to keep upgrading hardware.

I was just always having to upgrade.

There is less choice of games though, but I can live with that.

Also, to add to the above, most games are going cross play now (like COD MW and Cold War) so console makes a lot of sense for me as it's cheaper, for still great graphics quality and I still get to warzone with my mates.

Very true, indeed. As long as you can set the FOV properly.... the standard console FOV is retarded. 

Also, to add to the above, most games are going cross play now (like COD MW and Cold War) so console makes a lot of sense for me as it's cheaper, for still great graphics quality and I still get to warzone with my mates.

You still get to warzone with your mates, only at a handicapped level.

Unless there is some form of aiming assistance for consoles then they are always behind the accuracy of a mouse and keyboard.

You still get to warzone with your mates, only at a handicapped level.

Unless there is some form of aiming assistance for consoles then they are always behind the accuracy of a mouse and keyboard.

There is aim assist on controller AFAIK.

But if I go that route I will be using Keyboard and Mouse on the console, they are supported in a few games.

HELP .... Morning Gang

Struggling with a Ryzen 5600 build that wont post , 

Asus 570 prime mobo , Ballistics Ram (2 x 16) 

fans spin up ... no onboard speaker to listen to beeps. 

Tried obvious ram slot swopping, single , dual etc . tried other graphics card , no post at all.

sent CPU Back , confirmrmed working with a report. Sent Mobo Back, manufacturer said faulty... supplied a brand new one .

same outcome, no post( No display outputting). 

dont have another cpu (3600 or 2700 to see if it at least boots up as it may need a bios update) .

Everything ordered online ... anyone in gauteng that has parts to swop and test so i know what the hell to replace for him. might even just be simple like a psu with 1 mad pin ... 

Suggestions groot ASSEBLIEF 

HELP .... Morning Gang

Tried obvious ram slot swopping, single , dual etc . tried other graphics card , no post at all.

sent CPU Back , confirmrmed working with a report. Sent Mobo Back, manufacturer said faulty... supplied a brand new one .

dont have another cpu (3600 or 2700 to see if it at least boots up as it may need a bios update) .

Everything ordered online ... anyone in gauteng that has parts to swop and test so i know what the hell to replace for him. might even just be simple like a psu with 1 mad pin ... 

I think you might be on the money with the BIOS update, check if your motherboard has bios flashback (it should). There'll be a detailed guide from asus, but it's pretty much just connect the motherboard to the power supply (doesnt need cpu/graphics/memory installed) with the bios on a flash drive, press the bios flashback and wait 5-10 minutes.

I had to do this with an msi b550, was easy apart from the formatting the usb needed (had to format it as non-bootable).

I think you might be on the money with the BIOS update, check if your motherboard has bios flashback (it should). There'll be a detailed guide from asus, but it's pretty much just connect the motherboard to the power supply (doesnt need cpu/graphics/memory installed) with the bios on a flash drive, press the bios flashback and wait 5-10 minutes.

I had to do this with an msi b550, was easy apart from the formatting the usb needed (had to format it as non-bootable).

What he said.

Also, after that, try and update the BIOS to the latest.

okay bad luck, board does not support flashback... buying a cpu just to be able to flash a bios seems a bit expensive ... hands over eyes

okay bad luck, board does not support flashback... buying a cpu just to be able to flash a bios seems a bit expensive ... hands over eyes

Just ask the PC shop to help you with one of their 3300 or 3600 CPUs to flash the BIOS. It's the least they can do. They should have a test bench at the shop. If they do not they are clueless and you should not shop there again in future.

Edited by Moridin

HELP .... Morning Gang

Have you tried another PSU on it?

Normally with AMD the BIOS flashes would fix ram incompatibilities.

Does your board use the 8 pin MB power or is it a single 4pin? might be worth swapping those around if its a 4pin, resolved many issues like that in the past with a system that wouldnt post.

Have you tried another PSU on it?

Normally with AMD the BIOS flashes would fix ram incompatibilities.

Does your board use the 8 pin MB power or is it a single 4pin? might be worth swapping those around if its a 4pin, resolved many issues like that in the past with a system that wouldnt post.

I think the shop sold him a MOBO from old stock and that the BIOS will need to be updated to support Ryzen 5000 CPUs.

https://edgeup.asus.com/2020/guide-update-your-asus-motherboards-bios-for-amd-ryzen-5000-series-processors/

Also make sure that when you set the memory speed in BIOS, that you start of lowish and ramp it up higher. AMD has had issues with RAM compatibility in the past. I am not convinced that they have sorted that out entirely with the latest Zen 3 processors.

Edited by Moridin