Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

13 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Been thinking lately to do that , problem is the stupid ass PC case I bought can't fit the GPU so I took A dremel and just cut a gap into it So the gpu can fit 

Dremel is on my desk ready when this thing decides to piss me off again 

turned out to be the very next time the PC is switched on 

Hacked away at it now and Seems to run dead normal in the second PCI slot , no just to see if it does the same when its restarted 

Still would like an explanation 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Jip didn't work,  wish i just bought a laptop :(

Does your MOBO have any diagnostic LEDs?

Also, does your GPU perform normally when it actually works?

I would start with clean driver install, then start checking for power issues.
Check on the cable plugging into your GPU that all the smaller cables are seated correctly in the socket.
Try testing with a different PSU if you can. Also make sure your RAM is seated properly, and reseat just to be safe. RAM can cause weird **** to happen sometimes.

IMO it's unlikely that it is the PCI slot.

1 minute ago, Jurgens Smit said:

Does your MOBO have any diagnostic LEDs?

Also, does your GPU perform normally when it actually works?

I would start with clean driver install, then start checking for power issues.
Check on the cable plugging into your GPU that all the smaller cables are seated correctly in the socket.
Try testing with a different PSU if you can. Also make sure your RAM is seated properly, and reseat just to be safe. RAM can cause weird **** to happen sometimes.

IMO it's unlikely that it is the PCI slot.

No diagnostic LED's

Performs fine normally and has never had issues while doing stress tests.

Did A clean reinstall of drivers earlier today(done it before and didn't work then either)

The cable has two connectors ( i assume to run two gpu's if possible) using either doesnt solve the problem.

Haven't tried the psu route,  and don't know anyone who has a pc they built or that can lend me a psu.

Ram card has been checked multiple times and is working as it should

8 hours ago, BaGearA said:

No diagnostic LED's

Did A clean reinstall of drivers earlier today(done it before and didn't work then either)

The cable has two connectors ( i assume to run two gpu's if possible) using either doesnt solve the problem.

Haven't tried the psu route,  and don't know anyone who has a pc they built or that can lend me a psu.

hi ... try testing with one ram stick at a time assuming you have 2  ... Go into bios reset everything to default or reduce ram timing (yes its a thing).

Check Mobo website and Gpu manufacturer if firmware updates are available , sometimes a little thing like that messes you around .

Also unseat and reseat the cpu and fan... make sure its firm. Temp can be a B!tch

14 hours ago, BaGearA said:

No diagnostic LED's

When it happens again, leave your pc powered on and try to use your board's on board display connection.
Then download HWiNFO and let it run a diagnostics check so you can see if the app firstly detects your GPU and secondly if it picks up any alarms.

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Use this one:
image.png.d09a5049ecfcc8867a754ec15e8f0150.png

Could also be OS, when last did you do a windows reinstall?

Also, try checking if it does the same on the onboard display.
If it does, then you need to reseat CPU, change RAM slots and try with only 1 card at a time.

The very last thing I would do is start fiddling in BIOS with timing. Just make sure the boards XMP is disabled and all overclocks, if any are reverted to default.

When it runs normally also run HWMonitor and share a screenshot. That sometimes gives pretty decent monitoring info.

16 hours ago, bmw1za said:

hi ... try testing with one ram stick at a time assuming you have 2  ... Go into bios reset everything to default or reduce ram timing (yes its a thing).

Check Mobo website and Gpu manufacturer if firmware updates are available , sometimes a little thing like that messes you around .

Also unseat and reseat the cpu and fan... make sure its firm. Temp can be a B!tch

Last OS install was when I installed A M.2 drive 

Okay I downloaded that software ( or atleast an older version , newer ones aren't free or I have to give up business info ) 

How do I know if my board has onboard graphics ? And how do I tell the PC to run off them  

• 3 weeks later...

I play Apex Legends and I like it.  There isn't a terrible skill gap where you're paying attention to 2 full combat mechanics at once. And I almost never run into toxic players, everyone seems to get along just fine, which is so important in team-oriented games, especially battle royales. Also I found overboost.pro service that offers rank boosting, badge unlocks, increasing number of kills, and personal coaching. Hope with their help I'll improve my gaming skills.

Edited by greys

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 2:36 PM, BaGearA said:

Screenshot of the software running as is 

shot.PNG

This new forum is starting to scratch my nuts! Lets try posting for the 3rd time.

if you are not sorted yet, I have a PSU at the office that you can borrow and test with. It is a backup PSU that I have for when mine blows.

only problem it is in Brumeria, and have to wait till the office is open to get to it on Monday.

I've been putting a ton of time into Escape From Tarkov. It's expensive, like 2700.
But it's hands down the best game I've ever played. And although its still in beta, it's been worth every cent.

If you're into FPS, but looking for something more than COD, I'd highly recommend this.

Edited to add, there are cheaper options of the game. Cheapest one goes for about 800.

Edited by Jurgens Smit

• 1 month later...

anyone in close to Centurion who I could borrow a PSU from to test ? also looking for A GPU to replace a 1060 6gb which i think is dead ( 1060 hardly ever does anything so a much lower spec gpu should do fine ) 

Capture.JPG.f4c2b00ff71cd699bf15c845a23e64a2.JPG1631922150_RidersRepublicBeta2021-8-25-22-30-4.jpg.882933f28193cec9e1c6cb3d0fbb7473.jpg1805777150_RidersRepublicBeta2021-8-25-22-29-53.jpg.f32b361ab108f3a512ae18623bd30a6c.jpg412833551_RidersRepublicBeta2021-8-25-22-27-51.jpg.152444602390aeb8349784d8467adf29.jpg526737789_RidersRepublicBeta2021-8-25-21-0-36.jpg.0144e2ece571517f8b3f7f9ab9db91e8.jpg1806601525_RidersRepublicBeta2021-8-24-13-40-0.jpg.ec6e2045087670f5c4da9a4f3a34766d.jpg1603704843_RidersRepublicBeta2021-8-24-13-39-51.jpg.8be8e412dac3e9ea31fb2bc013fc78eb.jpg97549335_RidersRepublicBeta2021-8-24-13-28-39.jpg.bc018f70be149eccb8ceee75b89587b9.jpg697194654_RidersRepublicBeta2021-8-24-13-28-31.jpg.732048b9cdcad645b3897589d0280282.jpg

It releases October 28th. I was lucky enough to play a closed beta last month. I'm not sure if posting screenshots here is me violating the nda I signed. But this game deserves more exposure. Especially here. It is to my knowledge. The only bike game I've played with official brand licensing. From actual events and sponsors to bike and component brands. 

Courses from around the world have been digitally re-imagined. You can ride anything from crankworx to rampage. And that's just scratching the surface. What they've attempted here is open world exploration game where different locations define different activities. All online. The entire map seems to be the lobby with some people goofing around randomly trying to find fun things to do while others seem hell bent on rank and racing. Playing this felt like a social experience which I feel is a good recipe for a bike game.

Its not the best out there with regards to eye candy but it looks good and performs well. Bike models seem accurate and some of the detail in effects is quite welcome. Like how dirty a bike gets from excessive use. Basic controls are quite intuitive and forgiving as you learn the ropes. With options to move to advanced control schemes later on. These offer more experienced players a greater degree of control to pull of risky maneuvers and tricks with greater rewards. A learning curve and with a hook on character development to keep you playing. 

It might not something I would sink my teeth into. But its definitely something I will buy and play occasionally.

Age of Empires 4 releases the same day. A beta I played recently too. And that game... is crack cocaine.

So I decided to start afresh on D3, but this time as the Crusader. Not sure how keen I am on going through the entire game again, but I can already see that the Crusader brings a different element to the game. Diablo II: Resurrected releases tomorrow, but I'll be getting that for the Switch, one of these days.

This gets me excited as well, and I hope it happens:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/08/grand_theft_auto_remastered_trilogy_reportedly_heading_to_switch

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 9:40 AM, BaGearA said:

anyone in close to Centurion who I could borrow a PSU from to test ? also looking for A GPU to replace a 1060 6gb which i think is dead ( 1060 hardly ever does anything so a much lower spec gpu should do fine ) 

I will have one you can try in a few days.  I just need to build my new PSU into my PC at the office.  I am near the CSIR during the day and in Equestria afterhours. If it is the PSU, we can call it a PIF.