Little green bastards everywhere

2wheelsgood

In the last week I've noticed a proliferation of these tiny green insects flying about aimlessly (this is in Jhb). I've had several end up in my eyes and must've swallowed a dozen easy. Anyone else?

I remember when I used to motorcycle, on Sunday rides to Harties I'd take a little bottle of window cleaner with to wipe down my visor and headlights because they'd get covered in the little buggers.

Anyone know what insect it is exactly?

In the last week I've noticed a proliferation of these tiny green insects flying about aimlessly (this is in Jhb). I've had several end up in my eyes and must've swallowed a dozen easy. Anyone else?

I remember when I used to motorcycle, on Sunday rides to Harties I'd take a little bottle of window cleaner with to wipe down my visor and headlights because they'd get covered in the little buggers.

Dont know what they are, but at least you should be saving a couple of ZARS on your food bill taking into consideration the amount of them that you are eating.

LOL extra proteien, natures mashhette(or wathever you call those bags they hand out on the TDF)

LOL extra proteien, natures mashhette(or wathever you call those bags they hand out on the TDF)

musettes

post-44032-1370012534,3386.jpg

I think it could be this... they're really tiny, difficult to note any characteristics. I don't have a camera that's going to show any useful detail ;(

What do they taste like? Any good?

What do they taste like? Any good?

haha, have no idea actually, usually I'm only aware that I'm swallowing one as I'm swallowing it. I think you'd have to have quite a few of them in your mouth before you could really taste anything, being as small as they are.Anyway they seem to be true to their name as I'm not encountering them this week...

Okay! I was wrong, they are still about. I managed to borrow a camera (a Nikon Coolpix L25) and find a model. 10c coin for size ref.

(click image to see full size)

post-5355-0-69206000-1370429884_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2wheelsgood

Yeah.... my car covered in them this morning.... Resilient little bast@rds wouldn't even come off on the highway doing 120km/h. Think they are aphids

http://aquidam.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/lgm800.jpg

Behold! The Claaaaaaaaaw!