Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Tried something different last week - mini pork wellington.s

Cut a pork fillet into 8cm lengths, pan fried with a little butter, left to cool. Smeared with American Mustard. Fried up some diced mushroom, finely chopped onions, garlic and some fresh rosemary, thyme and oregano out of the garden. Put this mixture on some puff pastry sheets, then a fillet on top and baked in the oven for ~30 minutes.

Served with baby potatoes and pan fried patty pans and green beans. Was pretty damn good. My son sent me the photo afterwards :D

post-29544-0-24320100-1550485018_thumb.jpeg

Cut a pork fillet into 8cm lengths, pan fried with a little butter, left to cool. Smeared with American Mustard. Fried up some diced mushroom, finely chopped onions, garlic and some fresh rosemary, thyme and oregano out of the garden. Put this mixture on some puff pastry sheets, then a fillet on top and baked in the oven for ~30 minutes.

Served with baby potatoes and pan fried patty pans and green beans. Was pretty damn good. My son sent me the photo afterwards :D

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2019-02-14 at 18.26.42.jpeg

i often do this venison rugstring (loin). also very good

• 1 month later...

Picked these up from the local book store the other day. I know you can get just about any recipe from a Google search, but I think there's something special about a recipe book.

The beef and chicken dishes look good. Planning on trying out a recipe next weekend for our little family get together.

9815a6e3be26e135de03648997de5b0a.jpg

• 1 month later...

There is this little hot sauce company in Auckland that does truly amazing things with peppers.

I have been on a waiting list for a small batch hot sauce that was delivered today.

I am pleased to say it exceeded every expectation and is truly good.

post-18409-15597238041447.jpgpost-18409-15597238164432.jpgpost-18409-15597238279076.jpg

There is this little hot sauce company in Auckland that does truly amazing things with peppers.

I have been on a waiting list for a small batch hot sauce that was delivered today.

attachicon.gifIMG_3156.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3157.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3160.jpg

Report back tomorrow on the state of your b-hole. 

Reminds me of that old Nandos Ad where you have to keep the Toilet Paper in the freezer!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All, does anyone have some lekker braai broodjie recipes? Something a little different.

attachicon.gifIMG_3160.jpg

Its already dissolved the spoon !

Hi All, does anyone have some lekker braai broodjie recipes? Something a little different.

I normally do cheese, onion and tomato braai broodjies. I butter both sides of the bread slices, grate the cheese, chop the onion, and slice the tomato, and then add a dash of crushed garlic. I've learnt through trial and error that it's easier to put them in a grill basket before putting them on the braai.

Here's a slightly more fancy braai broodjie recipe:

https://www.capetownmagazine.com/recipes/braaibroodjie-recipe-for-national-braai-day/106_22_18754

• 1 month later...

Lekker salad idea - simple, healthy, tasty.

A spinach and strawberry salad.

this is basically a dish I came across on a recent German trip, with less dressing than they put on it.

For 4:

bowl full of baby spinach leaves (woolies does a nice baby spinach option, or chop big spinach, or grow your own :D)

punnet fresh basil leaves. stalks removed

1-2 punnets strawberries

(optional punnet blueberries)

salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamic (or another vinegar option)

method

chop and combine. 

top the green part off the strawbs, then stand them on the cut end and slice into thin slices from point to top.

halve the blueberries.

salt and pepper to taste. pepper is delicious on strawberries.

little dash of oil and balsamic to moisten the spinach a bit

Edited by 100Tours

• 4 weeks later...

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2019-02-14 at 18.26.42.jpeg

I like the Wellington being in one piece (one serving per person) cause we normally make a big one and when slicing it the hole thing falls apart. The playing is very difficult then. Good job.