[News] Triathlon news: Victory for Murray in France

Matt

This Richard guy sure can run, his last WC event went from +/- 32 off the bike to 6th at the finish. Only a matter time till his swim times improve and he will be a regular top 5 WC finisher.

This Richard guy sure can run, his last WC event went from +/- 32 off the bike to 6th at the finish. Only a matter time till his swim times improve and he will be a regular top 5 WC finisher.

His run is probably in the top 3-4. I think I saw he ran a 28 min 10k in a previous ITU event. He just needs to get his swim on par.

Doesn't sound like the Brownlee brothers were there...

Probably not.... or maybe they saw their ass in the wet conditions

Oh wait...theyre from mud island so probably can handle the wet conditions

Oh wait (2) Wiggins is also from mud island

Scrap that theory

Your right they probably were not there

:D

I watched the Madrid race the other night. Murray was 54s behind the leaders (incl Brownlee and Gomez) after the swim, and 1:04 after the bike while in 14th place. During the run he then jumped 8 places to finish 6th. He still ran 40s or so slower than Brownlee but it was probably after he realised he is not going to make the podium. The effort to catch up on the bike must make the difference between him and the podium finishers.

so lekker to hear good news.my only gripe is that this got less coverage than eg brackenfell vs bellville rugby match.but i like .

I think Brownlees have been struggling with injuries this year, Murray is a class act, his speed off the bike is insane