What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

Have any of you watched You, Me, Her? 

Seen it on Netflix, but haven't watched an episode. Any good?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen it on Netflix, but haven't watched an episode. Any good?

Its a bit dodge but quite funny... worth a watch 

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I've remembered a few more that I have still to watch that looked interesting when they came out. Any input on these:

Peaky blinders

Taboo

Turn

Frontier

I've remembered a few more that I have still to watch that looked interesting when they came out. Any input on these:

Peaky blinders

Taboo

Turn

Frontier

Taboo is freaking awesome. Tom Hardy is a total bad-ass.

Watched the first episode of Cleverman last night. Not the most lighthearted story I've ever seen, but definitely not boring. Somewhat low budget (especially the editing is a bit choppy) but it reminded me a bit of Neill Blomkamp's District 9 (without the Wikus humour). Rotten Tomatoes info: "Set in the near future, "Cleverman" is a startlingly original drama rooted in Aboriginal mythology. The series depicts a deeply conflicted and anxious society, fearful of a minority group living among them, endowed with extraordinary physical traits."

Will probably try another few episodes before I make up my mind.

Cleverman-Series-1-DVD-NEW-PAL-REGION-4.

No TV for us tonight.

Today my TV's HDMI processing circuitry decided to stop working.

Tomorrow will see if I still have my RGB cables lying about, and reroute output from my AV amp.

Cruds.

Watched the first episode of Cleverman last night. Not the most lighthearted story I've ever seen, but definitely not boring. Somewhat low budget (especially the editing is a bit choppy) but it reminded me a bit of Neill Blomkamp's District 9 (without the Wikus humour). Rotten Tomatoes info: "Set in the near future, "Cleverman" is a startlingly original drama rooted in Aboriginal mythology. The series depicts a deeply conflicted and anxious society, fearful of a minority group living among them, endowed with extraordinary physical traits."

Will probably try another few episodes before I make up my mind.

Cleverman-Series-1-DVD-NEW-PAL-REGION-4.

I watched the first episode and thought it had promise, and then promptly forgot about it until I saw this post...

Anybody checked out the new Netflix show, Gypsy?

I started watching the trailer, and thought, "Well, this looks promising" and then, for some stupid reason, they added (presumably as a selling point) "From the director of 50 Shades Of Grey" and I was like, "Well, this is probably going to be crap"

Peaky blinders

Taboo

Turn

Frontier

Peaky Blinders is great. Sneaky criminal b@stards robbing and sh@gging the rich, great costumes and settings.

Peaky blinders is good

Peaky blinders

Taboo

Turn

Frontier

I watched the first episode and thought it had promise, and then promptly forgot about it until I saw this post...

Anybody checked out the new Netflix show, Gypsy?

I started watching the trailer, and thought, "Well, this looks promising" and then, for some stupid reason, they added (presumably as a selling point) "From the director of 50 Shades Of Grey" and I was like, "Well, this is probably going to be crap"

Cleverman was surprisingly interesting. 

Started Gypsy. not sure where it's going. generally, i'm not a fan of shows/movies that deepdive into someone else's pyschological issues. But i'll stick it out.

Started Gypsy. not sure where it's going. generally, i'm not a fan of shows/movies that deepdive into someone else's pyschological issues. But i'll stick it out.

I watched the first episode...that woman should be institutionalized...

My son is an anime fan, I will tell him about it.

For Gen's son (and anybody else who might be interested in Anime) I've compiled my Top Ten Favourite list of Anime Shows.

I prefer my anime (like all my entertainment, including movies, series and books) to have a blend of action and humour. Therefore, these are my own, personal Top Ten Favourites. I've ranked according to the My Anime List database, including the MAL scores for reference.

1. Hunter X Hunter (2011)

My Score 9/10

MAL Score 9.12 

2. Haikyuu!! (2014)

My Score 9/10

MAL Score 8.91 (2nd Season)

3. Hajime no Ippo (2000)

My Score 9/10

MAL Score 8.82

4. Kuroko no Basket (2012)

My Score 9/10

MAL Score 8.59 (3rd Season)

5. Shokugeki no Souma (2015)

My Score 9/10

MAL Score 8.58

6. Bakemono no Ko (2015)

My Score 9/10

MAL Score 8.55 (Movie)

7. One Outs (2008)

My Score 9/10

MAL Score 8.4

8. Nanatsu no Taizai (2014)

My Score 9/10

MAL Score 8.36

9. Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi (2006)

My Score 9/10

MAL Score 8.24

10. Overlord (2015)

My Score 9/10

MAL Score 8.04

Sons of Anarchy - good ole American bike gang story kept me going for many months on the idt

On TV a new series just started called Riveria

Episode one done and it looks promising

Riviera is pretty good, getting damn interesting now after the last episode!

Finished watching The West Wing (all seven seasons) for the second time last night. Obviously, I'm an Aaron Sorkin fan, so I'm not completely objective, but still one of the most entertaining TV series ever made, imo. Great (huge!) cast, excellent writing, fascinating characters and relevant topics makes for a great show. And watching it now, with the current White House to compare it to, is sometimes so ironic that it borders on the absurd. Can't recommend it strongly enough. Thumbs up to John Wells, by the way, who did a fantastic job taking over from Sorkin for the last three seasons.

I just started with Silicon Valley. Binged the whole first season last night in 1 sitting. Absolutely love it