What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

Marvel belongs to Disney now. Doubt any Marvel series will continue on NF as Disney wants to start their own streaming service

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't read the comics, so all new to me. But I suspect I'm suffering peak_hero/hero_fatigue. that said, I still found the initial eps of Titans "interesting enough".

DD S03 was mint though.

It's exhausting! The writing and execution. Superb.

I know its a bold statement. But to me. Vincent Donofrio is to Kingpin what Heath Ledger was to Joker. A big part of why the show is so good. I sometimes wonder how much of what is pulled off on screen should be credited to the directors vision and how much of it is just bloody good acting.

You'll notice that he was never referred to as Kingpin. Not once. Opting instead to focus on the personality that is Wilson Fisk. A far more complicated character than Marvel could ever have intended for such a villain. Even Daredevil is more commonly referred to as The Devil of Hell's Kitchen. They make you empathize with Fisk just enough before reminding you what a brutal psychopath he actually is. At the same time. Mathew battles with his own demons. Abandoning his faith, his identity, his well being. Disputing whether the end justifies the means. 

Remember what The Punisher told him on the roof in the last season?

Red, this thing you're doing. On the streets. It doesn't work.

I do what needs to be done.

Mathew was quick to blame it his actions on ptsd and emotional turmoil. 

But he's starting to wonder if murder can be justified after all. 

It's exhausting! The writing and execution. Superb.

I know its a bold statement. But to me. Vincent Donofrio is to Kingpin what Heath Ledger was to Joker.

SNIP. 

100% agreed. Brilliant acting. 

Also - Karen Page. OMG. Somuchofhot. 

Edited by Cptmayhem

post-45680-0-10867200-1540386147_thumb.jpgAnyone kept up with SyFy's 12 Monkeys? Brilliant show, if you like SF and particularly time-travel stories. Just finished with se04 and the ending was particularly satisfying - the Circle is complete! The show really started getting good halfway through se01 right up until the end of se04. se03 and se04 are outstanding.

Great character development, story writing and respect for the original film makes it one of the best SF shows imho. It took the 12 Monkeys premise way beyond the scope of the film, in a fully fleshed-out mythology and added many more complex layers, with a great existentialist undercurrent. The cast are all excellent, and the addition of James Callis and Christopher Lloyd in some episodes, just adds to the quality of this show. It gets 7.7/10 on IMDB.

Check out 12 Monkeys - you won't be disappointed!

Edited by wiledog_x

You'll notice that he was never referred to as Kingpin. Not once. Opting instead to focus on the personality that is Wilson Fisk. A far more complicated character than Marvel could ever have intended for such a villain. Even Daredevil is more commonly referred to as The Devil of Hell's Kitchen. They make you empathize with Fisk just enough before reminding you what a brutal psychopath he actually is. 

Just a minor correction: His code name with the FBI was Kingpin.

You'll notice that he was never referred to as Kingpin. Not once. Opting instead to focus on the personality that is Wilson Fisk. 

In S3 his "codename" is revealed as Kingpin, once all the "bought agents" meet up for the first time. 

Was wondering the same. The plot of S02 was paper thin, to say the least. 

I'd be surpised if DD and JJ get a 4th and 3rd season respectively. Same for another season of The Punisher. 

Should that be the case, it'll be interesting to see if the Netflix universe acknowledges 'The Snap'. 

was wondering if Jessica Jones was going to roll away as well. last season was hardly stellar. But maybe the SJWs will unleash more social media outrage, so the lady hero stays. *shrug*

JJ shouldn't have gotten a second season IMHO.... S01 was OK. I chewed through S02 with more effort than a pensioner who didn't have their false teeth for the Sunday Roast.

Busy watching S2 of "Making a Murderer". How the hell, can they still have Avery in Prison after all the new evidence and new forensic testing methods. There must be a huge cover-up. :ph34r: . His new lawyer, that Kathleen lady is good. Hope if he gets out, he sues the sh@t out of them. 

Anyone one watching Titans?

I am on the fence about it.

I kinda like it. At least it's not the usual CW soap opera with a costume fare. Definitely not for kids, though.