What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay The Witcher..took me a bit to figure out the timelines of the characters .. thank goodness my son watched with us.. (he has played the games which are based on the books which he has read (games are set after the books) so he helped me make sense of things ..but yeah not bad, entertaining enough. Will be a long wait till season 2 (2021)

It's taking me a while to get into, but soldiering on 

It's taking me a while to get into, but soldiering on 

I've come to the conclusion that life's too short and there's sufficient content out there that if a show doesn't grab me within the first 20 minutes I'm done.

I've come to the conclusion that life's too short and there's sufficient content out there that if a show doesn't grab me within the first 20 minutes I'm done.

I mostly agree with you, but there are exceptions. Had to soldier through 3 seasons of Breaking Bad before I really started liking it. Not sure I will do the same for a series based on a computer game though.

Edited by Skubarra

I mostly agree with you, but there are exceptions. Had to soldier through 3 seasons of Breaking Bad before I really started liking it. Not sure I will do the same for a series based on a computer game though.

I had that with Walking Dead. Couldn't get into, but instead of pushing on, I just stopped. I came back to it about a year ago, and loved it.

Saw PJ Harvey at Reading many years ago, was pretty ok.

The episode Nowhere man of halt and catch fire is one of the finest uses of music in an episode I have seen... P.j Harvey - rid of me

I would link a clip... But it's just not out there.. Must be some copyright thing

I had that with Walking Dead. Couldn't get into, but instead of pushing on, I just stopped. I came back to it about a year ago, and loved it.

Haha! For me its the other way around, initially loved Walking Dead, got slowly but surely annoyed by it over time but watched 8 seasons before I finally cut the zombies out of my life.. Show just got too bizarre for me

Haha! For me its the other way around, initially loved Walking Dead, got slowly but surely annoyed by it over time but watched 8 seasons before I finally cut the zombies out of my life.. Show just got too bizarre for me

when the dude with the bat came along, and roundabout when the kid died - that is when it became tiresome.

fear the walking dead - I don't think I managed even 2 seasons of that

when the dude with the bat came along, and roundabout when the kid died - that is when it became tiresome.

fear the walking dead - I don't think I managed even 2 seasons of that

Yeah that was season 8. I was ok with Negan and Lucille. Its that King and his CGI Tiger & that lady & her Garbage Pail kids in the dumps that killed it for me.. (amongst other things)

Yeah that was season 8. I was ok with Negan and Lucille. Its that King and his CGI Tiger & that lady & her Garbage Pail kids in the dumps that killed it for me.. (amongst other things)

yeah - that was roundabout the same time. The storyline really became stale

move --> find a refuge --> refuge gets destroyed/overtaken --> move --> find a refuge --> refuge gets destroyed/overtaken --> rinse/repeat......Yawn

The episode Nowhere man of halt and catch fire is one of the finest uses of music in an episode I have seen... P.j Harvey - rid of me

I would link a clip... But it's just not out there.. Must be some copyright thing

I watch PB intermittently I enjoy it but time is again very limited but it has sparked a desire to visit the Black Country Living Museum next year Covid notwithstanding.

Edited by Red Robin

Started watching Queen of the South from earlier this week and have been burning through it ...I would say it is rather decent!

We're watching "The Marvelous Mrs Maisel" and we're enjoying it.

Last week we re-watched the two seasons of "The Kominsky Method" which we also liked.