What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

6 hours ago, Capricorn said:

Anyone else into Katla?

slow burn, but not meandering. suspense ratchets upward on a good cadence.

Incredibly beautiful scenery. So convincingly looks like they took the opportunity to film while the volcano was raining down havoc. Definitely did not dissuade me from wanting to visit that island

absolutely loved it.. awesome, just a pity I got to the end...

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Red Robin said:

I think I would get through Peaky Blinders a hell of a lot quicker if I didn't pause it so  much to  add the songs I like to my  Spotify. Damn but I do really enjoy the soundtrack.

Yes, some amazing music in that series. It's where I discovered this version of The Mercy Seat by Nick Cave and the amazing album that it is from (Live from KCRW)

3 hours ago, Hairy said:

Started watching Startup tonight ........... 7 episodes in this evening and it is pretty good!

I really enjoyed that one. Was one of my bus-commute shows last year. Wish there was more!

On 6/21/2021 at 8:14 AM, Capricorn said:

Anyone else into Katla?

slow burn, but not meandering. suspense ratchets upward on a good cadence.

Incredibly beautiful scenery. So convincingly looks like they took the opportunity to film while the volcano was raining down havoc. Definitely did not dissuade me from wanting to visit that island

busy watching it at the moment - on Ep.5. really enjoying it. Dark and brooding and that's just the landscape.

Also the Icelanders have the best 4x4 vehicles - Hiluxsemoer.

6 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

busy watching it at the moment - on Ep.5. really enjoying it. Dark and brooding and that's just the landscape.

Also the Icelanders have the best 4x4 vehicles - Hiluxsemoer.

lol @Hilux :P
But yes, those 4x4s look hardcore cool

Many years too late but finally finished Breaking Bad. Excellent. One of the very few series that just got better and better as the seasons progressed (glad I stuck with it because S1 & S2 bored me).

Next golden oldie I missed out on back in the day to catch up on a toss-up between The Wire & Sopranos 

8 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Many years too late but finally finished Breaking Bad. Excellent. One of the very few series that just got better and better as the seasons progressed (glad I stuck with it because S1 & S2 bored me).

Next golden oldie I missed out on back in the day to catch up on a toss-up between The Wire & Sopranos 

Both are excellent, no wrong choice there.

Add 'Better Call Saul' to your list if you haven't already seen it.

9 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Now you need to start on Better Call Saul...which is just as good and also just gets better and better

1 hour ago, Stretch said:

Now you need to start on Better Call Saul...which is just as good and also just gets better and better

I love the TV series "Breaking Bad. When Better Call Saul came out, I started watching it right away. I loved that show so much. I was surprised to find out that Saul Goodman is just a pseudonym and his real name is James McGill. It's a very unhurried series, for those of you who are expecting any kind of gunfights, I assure you, there won't be many. Besides, it's worth understanding that this story is more about a man and his life circumstances than it is about shootouts, gangs and drugs. I definitely recommend this show!

1 hour ago, Kventin Avagaro said:

I love the TV series "Breaking Bad. When Better Call Saul came out, I started watching it right away. I loved that show so much. I was surprised to find out that Saul Goodman is just a pseudonym and his real name is James McGill. It's a very unhurried series, for those of you who are expecting any kind of gunfights, I assure you, there won't be many. Besides, it's worth understanding that this story is more about a man and his life circumstances than it is about shootouts, gangs and drugs. I definitely recommend this show!

It's a show about a man... But it's also a show about a women, Kim Wexler, who is phenomenal in it

I could never get into Better call Saul, I was looking forward to it after Breaking Bad, but alas it didnt do it for me.

Breaking Bad is probably the best series I have watched, followed closely by Narcos and Narcos Mexico.

Other series which could easily be in my top 3 are:

The Spy (based on a true story)

Fauda

Ozark (S1 and S2 - S3 starting getting a bit of too much)

On 6/21/2021 at 4:12 AM, patches said:

image.png.12269bfae6dbf52631d7d5a42a46ac7a.png

The Morning Show - Apple TV+

Star studded cast and similar to Newsroom. I binge watched with the wife. Looking forward to Season 2 (Mid September)

Really enjoying this so far, thank you!