GPX files wanted

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one

Thanks

Can you see the downloaded routes you are cycling via google street view or sumpthing like?

And what's that white thing on the floor right side of the bike?

post-182-0-02034300-1371638874_thumb.png

Edited by SwissVan

Yes, if you load a gpx file you can either view the route profile or the google maps view (you can technically use streetview as well, but its very jumpy on my internet connection)

The white thing is the trainer head unit.

The rear section of the trainer wirelessly sends info to that, and in turn it sends to the pc using ant+ technology.

I put it on the floor as it irritates me on the handlebars.

Nope.

That bike is used exclusively on the trainer.

Knobblies on a trainer are not fun.

You want L'Alpe d'Huez as a gpx?

Nope.

That bike is used exclusively on the trainer.

Knobblies on a trainer are not fun.

That's a nice trainer set up, will be nice to see the final set upü once your training room is finished.

Maybe xmas i'll be lucky... but tbh i'm not keen on new tech stuff which is supposed to be easy to install / run but has the potential to be a pain in the ass

Have you thought about getting a spare back wheel for the mtb with a slick installed (cheapo) that you can use exclusively for the IDT?

That's a nice trainer set up, will be nice to see the final set upü once your training room is finished.

Maybe xmas i'll be lucky... but tbh i'm not keen on new tech stuff which is supposed to be easy to install / run but has the potential to be a pain in the ass

Have you thought about getting a spare back wheel for the mtb with a slick installed (cheapo) that you can use exclusively for the IDT?

Yep.

Thought about it.

But my wife is a roadie, so by buying the roadbike I can also go on road races with her.

TBH, I also am too lazy to keep swopping wheels.

My MTB has throughaxles, so it is not as simple as you think bolting it onto a trainer..you need adapters and stuff.

My MTB has throughaxles, so it is not as simple as you think bolting it onto a trainer..you need adapters and stuff.

Hmm ok that would be problem

I've got a through axle on the front but luckily my rear wheel is old QR style and also a spare wheel just for the IDT.

Do TACX sell the adaptors and stuff for thru axles?

Hmm ok that would be problem

I've got a through axle on the front but luckily my rear wheel is old QR style and also a spare wheel just for the IDT.

Do TACX sell the adaptors and stuff for thru axles?

Still under development.

But you can get third party.

Noob question:

How do you download the gpx files from your device (i.e edge 500) and send them to someone?

Noob question:

How do you download the gpx files from your device (i.e edge 500) and send them to someone?

Connect.garmin.com.

You upload your activity to your profile and then you have the option of exporting it in a number of formats.

Noob question:

Upload to garmin connect then export.

vortex.

But tacx trainer 4 with a google license will run it.

With the Vortex and your current set up do you have to pay a yearly licence to use the GPS/Google Earth functionality? If so how much as a matter of interest?

With the Vortex and your current set up do you have to pay a yearly licence to use the GPS/Google Earth functionality? If so how much as a matter of interest?

Yes.

R500 bucks.