Cyclist down in Pretoria - Hit and run on 14 June 2013

Pants Boy

Help asb. My seun is sondagaand so tussen 6.30 en 7uur van sy fiets afgery op die hoek van Fred Nicholson en Rhyslaan. Die persoon het van agteraf in hom vasgery en weggejaag. Enige een met inligting moet my asb. kontak. Die 4 SAPD lede wat op die toneel was het nie die getuies se besonderhede geneem nie. Hulle was van Wonderboom SAPD. Die "dame" konstabel het nie haar naamplaaitjie opgehad en ons beledig en soos 'n viswyf tekere gegaan toe ons op die toneel aankom en hom help stabiliseer. Sy het nie die ambulaans gebel want dit is nie hul werk. Gelukkig het een van die ooggetuies die ambulaans geskakel en vir ons. My seun is gedeeltelik verlam maar die dr's glo hy sal met tyd weer kan loop en herstel. Toe ek gister by Wonderboom Poort SAPD aankom was daar nie eens 'n inskrywing in die voorvalle boek.

The guy is 28, and was going home from work (from what I gather)

Later reports from the station commander shows that the constable was wearing a BP vest, which does not have place for a name plate (as per SAPS instructions it can then be left off) Also, the one 'witness' was from Durban, and he thought it was a trap so he went to the police station to report the person lying in the road. He did not see what happened.

If anyone saw or heard anything, please contact the Wonderboom South copshop. It's the second hit-and run in the Moot area in the past month.

No, high care, not intensive care. Same setup basically, just less nurses :)

I'm putting together a care package - biltong, chocolates etc, that I'll get to him as soon as it's allowed.

No matter how many of these reports I read, I just cannot get my head around it.

How does a person drive into a cyclist, pedestrian, or animal for that matter, and simply speed off, just leaving the victim lying in the road?

It is beyond belief. How do you live with yourself after doing such a thing?

As far as the cops behaviour is concerned, well, no suprise there.

"Sy het nie die ambulaans gebel want dit is nie hul werk."

wtf

Use your radio idiot!!! Always wonder what would be their reaction if the shoe was on the other foot.