Anonymous...

Behan

had to laugh at my local newspaper. They printed something along the lines of. A Zimbabwean, calling himself anonymous, recently hacked the ANC website......blah blah...

Surely they know these things...tumbles?

Sadly, a lot of newsrooms have junior staff these days...

Having said that, I saw a lot of older commenters and experienced journos post stuff about it, and mistakenly labelling it a hack when it was a DDoS...

Edited by Tumbleweed

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

youtube is blocked at work, ill google a bit later. but you can try searching for anonymous "we are legion" documentary

youtube is blocked at work, ill google a bit later. but you can try searching for anonymous "we are legion" documentary

I think that is the one in the OP... About 1h 30mins long right?

Any one can call them selves 'Anonymous'... It's a fine line between civil disobedience, and the darkside...

"Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations.

The 29-year-old source behind the biggest intelligence leak in the NSA's history explains his motives, his uncertain future and why he never intended on hiding in the shadows "

apparently his passport has been revoked.

It had been before he boarded a plane to Russia. Chinese authorities pulled strings. Ecuador will give him one.

ps: I don't think zim for the win is a decent hacker... looks like a kid with an agenda got hold of the app called "low orbit ray cannon" ... only dos attacks...

ps: I don't think zim for the win is a decent hacker... looks like a kid with an agenda got hold of the app called "low orbit ray cannon" ... only dos attacks...

Ja, they have identified a number of people they think it could be. Seems like it's how you have described it.

Moscow, then Venezuela? Poor guy must be very scared. When he starts running to Joburg, we'll know his fear is out of control.. :devil: ;)

A few choices, Ecuador, Venezuela, Bolivia, Cuba even possibly at a push.

The interesting thing to me is that both the Chinese and the Russians have actively assisted in getting Snowden out of Hong Kong effectively, as the US puts it "poking a finger in their eye" but have done so in a way that keeps them on a fairly good legal footing with the US.

Behind the scenes however the US must be fuming, and they have made a few veiled comments about the "troubling manner" in which Russia and China have handled the matter, but both have done remarkably well to get rid of Snowden with as little uproar as possible, and of course now they just claim "No Snowden here - so No problems" - Clever tactics I think.

Where he gets a passport will be interesting though, right now he may be safe in the Bolivian block, but there are few countries where there is not economic and or political pressure to be more friendly with the power house of America, so even though he can rest easy knowing they will never hand him over at the moment, what will happen if 5 / 10 years down the line they decide he is an impediment to their relations with the USA.?

I think the USA is patient as well, should he hole up in the Bolivian block they will sit back and wait it out, he is a young man with many, many years ahead of him, sooner or later they will get him, there is no doubt about that.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

if you show people what the governments of all countries really did there would not be much of a world left

Slowbee, why do you say that? I think more accountability and less hiding behind "state secrets" would do the world a whole lot of good