Who rode this morning (Jhb)

Francois

Holy Smoke it was cold this morning?  Go dressed, stepped outside and reversed. No way was I riding in below zero temp.  Went for a run instead - much warmer.

So who braved it this morning?

There was ice all over the Falcons van - it doesn't like that smiley13.gif.

not me' date=' but i did see 2 guys on my way to work. nuts i tell you, utterl nuts (or is that nutless?)[/quote']

The latter, definately smiley36.gif

http://www.33smiley.com/smiley/everyday/26.gif

Yip went out, first time with the road bike in the morning for sprint intervals since the end of May some time. My knees just about froze up, struggled to walk normally when I got home!

We normally, up till yesterday that is, ride MTB on cold mornings as it isn't that fast and therefore not as cold! Guess we're back on the MTB tomorrow till it warms up substantially.

I had a "think" about it at 5am, another at 5.30am, another at 6am, and I finally got up at 6.15am and went to work - 30 minutes late!

..............although I guess I should have after returning on monday from my trip to the land of "ice-cream,parma ham,red wine, the finest pastries and expresso" - Italy - I am feeling a bit sluggish and very lazy.

Only have time to ride in the morning. I think am gonna pay dearly for riding this morning. Can feel the flu symptoms comming onsmiley11.gif

Markie Mark: I can sympathise with you as I'm in the same situation of only being able to ride in the morning, hope your flu symptoms are temporary!

I know that this doesn't work for everyone but after rides like this morning I take a Cal-C-Vita with immune booster straight after the ride and will take another tonight before bed!

smiley4.gif

No not me.........Been busy on the indoor trainer with intervals...I leave roadwork for weekends ..... been like that thro' winter,  will be out in the mornings as soon as its "warmer"...

It's not all bad....we have had some cold weekend rides where we've gone out and froze........enjoyed it a treat...smiley4.gif

"DTsmiley4.gif"

Copman and myself  - nahhhh.....it's warmer behind hubby's back....

BigBen: we also believe in the Cal-C-Vita thing every morning but with Viral Choice and some multivitamin....

Markie: you need to get your wife on a bike, dude...i'll speak to her again (if you want......smiley2.gif)

I went for quick 30km's this morning (04:30).  Its not that bad once you get going, but when I got back home, my nose, lips, fingers and toes were lekker cold, and not to mention the erm.... ja....   it was no where to be found smiley9.gif

It's all about how you dress and layer, but this was one of the colder mornings so far, and the wind was k@k

I go out with tri-shorts, tri-shirt, long sleeve vest and a jacket thingy I bought from Macro, and it keeps me warm enough, but the tips and bits are always cold, no matter what I do.  For the feet i put on two pairs of socks, with kevlar booties, and I wear my running gloves, and over that a thick pair of wool cloves, I gooi a buff on my melon, and off I go, I am usually warm enough after 15 minutes to zip down the jacket

Dudet, my wife really is impressed with how you have progressed with your cycling. Pictures posted of you doing the Carousel has become an inspiration to her and am sure many other wives, girlfriends etc. wanting to give the sport a go.smiley20.gif You really need to chat to her.