Planet X Bikes - views & opinions

Jigghead

I am in the market for a road bike and am looking overseas and locally. I had a look at Planet X and the bikes look quite good.

Any opinions or first hand experience with this brand would be welcome.

Edited by Jigghead

I am in the market for a road bike and am looking overseas and locally. I had a look at Planet X and the bikes look quite good.

Any opinions or first hand experience with this brand would be welcome.

Importing a full road bike could be expensive.

I have only ever heard and read good things.I had a P X TT bike but it was to small for me and the ride was great.

I think that they were one of the first companies to source frames from China and brand them.

What frame you looking at?

I ride the Planet-X Supelight Pro Carbon, and its an awesome bike! Really comfortable and responsive. Also depends on your style or type of riding. If you want a racier frame, then look at the N2A model. Their titanium frames are also amazing and bombproof! Good luck with the decision!

Importing a full road bike could be expensive.

I have only ever heard and read good things.I had a P X TT bike but it was to small for me and the ride was great.

I think that they were one of the first companies to source frames from China and brand them.

What frame you looking at?

Looking at the Planet X RT58 SRAM Force Carbon Sportive.

post-19851-0-21566500-1371813011_thumb.jpg

why don't you import a chinese carbon frame etc and canibalise your existing bike for parts?

No existing road bike to butcher. This is my first road bike as I'm starting to do a few tri's and thought I needed the propper bike. Also figured I'd leave the dirt on occasion and try the black stuff.

Edited by Jigghead

I love the look of the planet x bikes and was tempted to get one for tri, I don't think you can go wrong.

Felt also make a good bike for road and tri use, it has a pretty aero frame with a little rear wheel cutout and internal cables, with a set of clip on bars you are good to go for tri and road racing, check them out.

The bike weighs 7.2kg as is. Costs £1,250. I have a set of Dura-Ace Carbon wheels I'm planning on putting on this thing, should end up being a nice bike (I hope). Especially considering the fact that I'll be using it sparingly.

Edited by Jigghead

Planet X - owners of On One and Titus...how could you possibly go wrong with them horses in the stable!?

Great online shopping experience too, bought kit from them often. No bikes though.

planet X has also been known to "help out" other manufacturers with quality time trial bikes. Got a good cred in the UK. Very good direct marketing model, cuts out the middleman and offers some very good deals on bikes. Remember to pack the box with extras to keep the postage costs down.