championchip entering scam?

didi3

Answer one very simple question:

Why is the cost of the online entry not included on the e-mail?

In retrospect, it might have been better to say this, however, this will have to be discussed with head office. Maybe for future events we'll have to do this to eliminate any confusion.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In retrospect, it might have been better to say this, however, this will have to be discussed with head office. Maybe for future events we'll have to do this to eliminate any confusion.

Good to hear. It would do some good to the rep of the company.

I am really shocked to read what was posted on this site.

Stick around Boet, you aint seen NOTHING yet, best you HTFU very quickly :D

post-39984-0-08937000-1372315842_thumb.jpg

One thing that I think of, just like the toll roads that should by law (as I understand it) have an alternative route to avoid the toll costs, there must be some alternative entry method for cycling races. If the CC race entry service is not used for the entry, they should not charge you for it.

I really think the explanation in RED is good as it makes sense. What I am reading in most of the responses is that even if the event organisers charge the cyclists R50-00 more to cover their costs, it is fine, as long as we do not know what it is made up of? When I entered for both the Carousel and the Kremetart, the "service fees" were shown to me, so it was my choice to enter or not. I asked myself what the options are not to enter and "save" this additional cost? Option 1 - do not enter and miss out on a fabulous day. 2 - Get in my car, drive to a cycle shop, pick up an entry form, fill it out, scan or fax it to the organisers and do an EFT payment for the "advertised" cost. Oh no, sorry, the bank charge me for EFT, but that is fine. In this country it is fine to pay a service fee to the banks, but not to anyone else (does not make sense).Let alone all the fuel, time etc. Much cheaper to pay someone for their service to make my life easier. 3. Call the event organiser and ask him to fax me the entry form and go through the same process as in option 2. Come on guys, be fair. At least we can see what they charge us and not like (shall I say "all the other companies") others that we do not know what we are paying for their service. The reason why an entry is costing me R220-00, is because it is made up of service providers fees, else it would be free to enter. In my mind, ChampionChip is still tops and my preferred timing company.

Solis, you very obvious are a member of the championchip organisation, you did not enter the Kremetart or the Carousel but timed them!!

Fact is: the carousel was advertised in YOUR email (is the R5300.00 email fee an other hubber mentioned you charge the organiser true?) and when you are done with entering and come to the paying part the surcharge and admin fee are added.

So much for "tranparency"

The Sondela Bela Bela apparently choose to include these cost in the entree fee, because it was not added after entering.

Would be interesting to get some reply from the organisers of the Bela Bela how this option worked out for them, because as championchip is known for their greed you must have ripped them off in a different way.

I need to urge everyone on this thread, if you are a double poster, you WILL be banned from the hub.

Remember the other company Losing Time that used to compete against CC? Oh, wait a moment - they are still around but they changed their name.

That's because they heard the criticism and sorted themselves out. They now provide a fantastic service, while CC has gone down the drain.

Oh - wait! They were already down the drain. The only reason they looked good was because WT was even worse at that stage!

Remember the other company Losing Time that used to compete against CC? Oh, wait a moment - they are still around but they changed their name.

Sorry - forgot to add:

The reason they changed their name was because they were a "franchisee" for WT - a Dutch company, I think. They then went independent and had to change their name. Gave them more freedom to source their technology and systems elsewhere.

So nothing sinister there. Move along now, nothing to see...

I need to urge everyone on this thread, if you are a double poster, you WILL be banned from the hub.

What does that even mean Slowbee :/

What does that even mean Slowbee :/

It means if you have multiple personality disorder, all of them will be booted unceremoniously :ph34r:

post-39984-0-38118400-1372318627_thumb.jpg

I am really shocked to read what was posted on this site. First of all, the header is very misleading in my point of view! I am a ChampionChip Timer up North and try and provide the best professional service to our clients (which are the event organisers and you the cyclists (and others using our service)). I think what Colin explained is quite clear and we thought it is an open way of showing the costs we charge for using our service. Nothing wrong in charging for a service. I do not want to bore you with detail, and would just like to clear something about the results for seeding: After each and every race, we provide the event organisers with a full set of results for what ever purposes he want to use it. Our view is that the event organiser pays for the service, hence the results belong to him. If he wants to pass the results onto someone else for "general" seeding purposes, it is up to him to do so. We do not send any results to anyone else, as the results belong to the event! So we do not "charge" for results as stated in some of the responses. We have already been paid for it. With regards to the e-mail promotions we do, when you bought your chip, you indicated on the form that we could send race information to you via e-mail or SMS. If you agreed, we use your e-mail address and once again provide a service to the event organisers to do some promotion for his event by sending out these e-mails. In general terms it is called advertising, and this is quite a low cost wise way of advertising an event. The cost of such an e-mail promotion was mentioned somewhere above, but no mention of how many e-mails were sent out for that amount. I can tell you that there are probably in the region of 30,000 e-mails that goes out to certain regions and cyclists to advertise the event. We are proud of our product and service, and will deliver this service to the best of our abilities to you and the event organiser!

I'm glad someone posted from CC so now we can get some direct answers.

question:

When the national seeding ladder was around did you, or did you not (you = CC) demand they pay for the results of all the races you timed to be included in the National Seeding ladder, which at the time was being run by Cycle Lab

Dear Christo

After all these complaints, the best you can come up with is "MAYBE for future events bla bla bla".

Not very customer orientated is it?

Its simple really

ChampionCheat needs to stop being skelm and start accepting that credit card transaction fees is an operational cost. One that they should carry and not the participants.

Advertised cost is advertised cost.

Edited by S.I.R Maxxis

Its simple really

ChampionCheat needs to stop being skelm and start accepting that credit card transaction fees is an operational cost. One that they should carry and not the participants.

Advertised cost is advertised cost.

Very uncalled for comment. Can you proof they are dishonest?

The Dunblane Winter Dash

Please enter your data in the form below to enter for The Dunblane Winter Dash. Notice that the fields marked with a star (*) are compulsory and have to be filled. When you have finished please press the "next" button.

Distance: 35 Km

Entry fee: ZAR 150.00 (to the organiser)

The Dunblane Winter Dash

You have almost finished your entry, and you are now ready to go to the payment section. Please select the method you want to pay with.

Payment Method:

Euro/Master-card

(+4.50% +ZAR 7.50)

VISA-card

(+4.50% +ZAR 7.50)

Online Entry Conditions

ChampionChip Africa and the event organiser fully understands the worries, which you may have in connection with Internet payment. In the text below we describe the steps we have taken to ensure that your Internet registration and payment is 100% secure.

Is it safe to use a credit card?

With the steps that we have taken, to secure your credit card information, make the payment very secure. There are no risks, and we guarantee a 100% secure and unproblematic transaction with our system - every time!

Your credit card details will first of all not be stored anywhere. When you give your credit card number we encrypt all the data instantly (with the SSL-technology), which makes it impossible for unauthorised persons to view the information that you are sending us. As soon as our secure payment and transaction servers have received your information, it forwards it directly to Architrade (DIBS).

What is my personal information used for?

ChampionChip Africa and the event organiser only registers information for the purpose of using it for the event, and to keep a customary relation between the organizer and the participant.

Payment, prices and service fees:

The total amount for your registration for the current event will charged on your credit card within 24 hours after we have received your registration. According to Danish law the Entry Fee it self is exempted from VAT, but on all other prices VAT is included. Once you have submitted you entry the amount payed cannot be refunded. The payment fee cover all transactions fee to Credit Card Company and to the Bank for handling of the transaction. When you have entered online for the event the paid amount cannot be refunded by ChampionChip Africa, due to Danish law of internet purchases. Please contact the event organiser for more information about refund rules etc.

Customer Service - contact us:

You are always welcome to contact us if you have any questions or problems. You will find us on the following address:

ChampionChip Africa

P.O. Box 1332

Westville 3630

Republic of South Africa

Phone: +27 0861 100 963

Fax:

e-mail: info@championchip.co.za

Opening Hours:

Monday - friday 10:00 - 15:00

If you have any questions about the event your are entering for you can contact the event organiser directly. You often find more information on the event website

So: "according to Danish law the Entry Fee is exempted from VAT". Clearly they choose not to follow Danish law (I can understand that) BUT " ...the paid amount cannot be refunded by ChampionChip Africa, due to Danish law..." - does this mean we can get refunds? Using what suits you best?