Sabie fun routes

King_Crispy

Hi chaps and chickies.

We're off to Sabie for a week and I wanted to find out a few things.

1) I have often contemplated whipping my bike off the rack at the top of Long Tom Pass and dropping down the mountain into the forest and then finding a fast trail through the woods to Sabie. Will I get shot?

2) Can I ride the hikers trails from Sabie to Pilgrims where my wife will pick me up after beers and pancakes?

3) I want to ride up Robbers Pass to the Italian restaurant, have a beer, and then go back down and around to Bourkes Luck Potholes.

Any other rides I'm missing?

Edited by King_Crispy

Howdy,

Are you driving to Sabie via Blouberg? ;). Enjoy your week off.

No, like my mom always told me: go straight there boy, don't beat around the bush

Crispy - from which side will you be riding up Robbers Pass?

On your MTB or a road bike?

Not sure about the Hikers trail - through forestry areas and some don`t take kindly to MTB`s, some have seperate trails for bikes.

What about trails from Castle Rock - Sabie?

You can buy forestry passes from the tourism information centre in Sabie as far as I can remember. They'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Actually also interested in something similar.

Will be in Hazyview for a few days...will be taking the bikes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys.

Hiked some of the trails MANY years ago, but figured it would be more fun to ride them now.

Nickc, will be MTB from Pilgrims

Thanks guys.

Hiked some of the trails MANY years ago, but figured it would be more fun to ride them now.

Nickc, will be MTB from Pilgrims

MTB From Pillgrims up Robbers is a cool and hard ride, some nice views. Watch out coming back down, serious downhill and tight corners and because there is not a great deal of traffic some of the locals in their bakkies like cutting the hairpin bends.

Any suggestions?

Go to cyclejunkies in Sabie (Woodsman Centre) the guys there will explain where to ride.

Hazyview - go to Induna and they will sort you out.

I Have done 1 and 2 without problems.....or I was just not seen. I did get a permit from SAFCOL to ride on their roads though. You really do need a mapof sorts since those "bosbou paaie" realy is a maze and evrything looks the same

Arrived in Sabie earlier tonight and just left the pub at Sabie Town House. This is the place to come to in Sabie.

Awesome vibe, excellent accommodation. Looking forward to a hard ride after a decent brekkie in the morning.

Expecting cold weather. ..

Any suggestions?

Induna adventures (it's in Hazyview) enjoyed myself there for hours December.

Plus when your finish with the trail you can go white river rafting and do the zip line.

Go to cyclejunkies in Sabie (Woodsman Centre) the guys there will explain where to ride.

Hazyview - go to Induna and they will sort you out.

Cyclejunkies? cyclerubbish more like it.

They dont give route maps or anything anymore.

They send you to the history museum who in turn send you to Merry Pebbles, who are very helpful and offer advice and route assistance.

Very pissed off with the only bike shop in Sabie.

Poor show guys. Get your **** together

Any suggestions?

Go to Induna Adventures. 40 ronds, and ride their trails. Nearly the same route as the Big Induna