2x10 Front shifting issues

Mecnic

I have never encountered this before:

When in the 36 and 24 combination and I attempt to shift up to the 38 the chain just rides the pick ups and doesn't shift up,

When I compensate with the barrel adjuster and limit screws to compensate the chain falls to the outside when in the shifting from the front 24 to 38 and the rear cassette is on the 11.

I have checked everything obvious, but are still open to suggestions.

The set up is as follows a X7 2x10 front mech direct highmount on a Trance X frame, the previous set up was exactly the same except it was a conventional front der and frame set up and worked perfectly with out fail.

Here are my last ditch ideas:

The chain could be to short causing to much tension to shift up?

The front mech could be bent open wider than it should?

Let's hear what you guys think.

You are possibly adjusting the barrel adjuster too much - when in big blade smallest cog there should be just a 1mm gap between the FD cage and chain, it's a fine balance between too much and too little

Also make sure the upper limit screw is set right at that point aswell

If everything is correctly set its almost impossible to throw the chain - the chain gets thrown off when the FD swings to much and that is aggravated if you shift from small to big blade and you are already on the smallest cog - I had that exact issue and it was the barrel adjuster too tight and the limit screw a fraction too open.

Edited by Skylark