South Africans settling in for marathon world champs in Austria

Matt

Eight South African endurance mountain bike riders will line up at the start of the 2013 UCI Mountain Bike Marathon World Champs in the scenic ski village of Kirchberg in Tyrol, Austria on Saturday 29 June.

Click here to view the article

She is taking part and listed on start list as Swiss .... not sure if part of an official Swiss team, but as national champ I would imagine she is (same for Sauser)

4 400 meters in 94 km . You gonna remember that one for a while

yor only now that you mentioned read again!

EINA!!

She is taking part and listed on start list as Swiss .... not sure if part of an official Swiss team, but as national champ I would imagine she is (same for Sauser)

do you have the link

And Stellenbosch's (and iRide African guide) Jennie Stenerhag is there too but representing Sweden.

Edited by iRide

4 400 meters in 94 km . You gonna remember that one for a while

... and the women's race, which just excludes a loop from the men's race, is 85km with 3 700m --- so there is a 10km loop in the men's race with a mere 700m of climbing !!!!!!!!!!

Basically the men's course is four massive climbs, and the women's three massive climbs -- who said Epic was tough!!!

http://www.kitzalpbike.at/en/mens-world-championship-course.html