The Burry case: Dropping and reinstating of charges

TimW

Charges against the taxi-driver implicated in Burry Stander's death are to be reinstated following outrage from the Stander family at the State's poor handling of the case, according to an article on IOL.

Click here to view the article

Edited by awesme

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much longer must we stand back while the prosecutors and police mess things up....the threat of prosecution is damp squib

If you look at what's happening between NPA and Glynis Breytenbach case.....believe me......anything is possible!!! :thumbdown:

Our judicial system is such a joke, eclipsed only by the uniformed buffoons we call our police force.

How can it be that NO senior political pressure of any kind has been exerted in this case (of ALL cases!!!) to ensure that justice is served and an example is set?

What this now says is that don't worry about it, take your car, drive recklessly and kill people with it, no harm or justice will come your way, even if you killed an olympian. Disgusting.

Our judicial system is such a joke, eclipsed only by the uniformed buffoons we call our police force.

How can it be that NO senior political pressure of any kind has been exerted in this case (of ALL cases!!!) to ensure that justice is served and an example is set?

What this now says is that don't worry about it, take your car, drive recklessly and kill people with it, no harm or justice will come your way, even if you killed an olympian. Disgusting.

This is assuming a lot. A lot of people immediately attacked the driver straight away without having any facts.

I must be missing something. I thought this was considered a normal traffic accident?

Surely you can't expect to lynch every motorist who is involved in a collision with a cyclist.

Edited by Falco

Par for the course. It WILL always be the case.

See: Drunk hit and run in Pmb

Guy killed on Fields Hill

Krugersorp hit and run.

I am sure there are others.

and now this. What would you expect?

Get real, The justice system in SA is poked,