MTB Masters World Champs Cross Country course receives significant remodelling

Matt

Pietermaritzburg – The cross country course for the UCI MTB Masters World Championships at Cascades MTB Park in Pietermaritzburg has been given a dramatic facelift after the route was recently made shorter, steeper and more technical.

Click here to view the article

300m ascent per lap is HUGE.....

1200m in 28km.

Going to be tough.

One lap is equal to two and a half laps of ascent atThaba XCO track.

its going to be awesome !

it will seperate the men from the boys fast !

super excited , more technical the better .

Some of the new pieces that Nicks building are awesome! ... Guys ... get your Drop off, jumping, and switchback skills up ... because there are a ton of cool technical sections to negotiate

Some of the new pieces that Nicks building are awesome! ... Guys ... get your Drop off, jumping, and switchback skills up ... because there are a ton of cool technical sections to negotiate

Goose bumps developing every time I read about this event

Hey Nigel,

How about taking a full video of the track for us and posting it here?

Us GP guys don't get to go down there to practice. Would be a great appetizer to see some of the track. My first view will be on 21 August at first official practice.

I think nick has done some already for the XC eliminator track - but not sure about the Masters XC course ... I'll see what i can find and will make a thread for it.

I think nick has done some already for the XC eliminator track - but not sure about the Masters XC course ... I'll see what i can find and will make a thread for it.

That would be awesome. Thanks.