Chinese Carbon Wheels

Meezo

Can't comment on the quality as I'm still waiting for production to happen (2 weeks after ordering), and then delivery. From all accounts they are decent though. Just be prepared for a 1 month wait from ordering to delivery.

Cool, please post pics once your build is complete.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I've never ordered from china before and looking to buy some carbon wheels. Wheels need to be about 38mm depth, need to accept 28c tyres and need to be non disc brake.

I've had a look at hongfu, dengfu and xm carbonspeed but am unsure of what is any good...

anyone had any experience running wider tyres on chinese rims? 

Mopkop - which model LightBicycle rims are those?

this is a super late update, demmit

My wheels are done, Did the Baviaans on the 29er setup, Got the Road wheels done before the DC

Light-Bicycle rims with Hope PRO 4 hubs. The wide rims make a MASSIVE difference. A must upgrade for everyone

attachicon.gif20160731_140459.jpg

attachicon.gif20160731_140613.jpg

Light-Bicycle rims 45mm, Sapim spokes and Hope Mono RS hubs

attachicon.gif20161121_162923.jpg

Hi guys,

I've never ordered from china before and looking to buy some carbon wheels. Wheels need to be about 38mm depth, need to accept 28c tyres and need to be non disc brake.

I've had a look at hongfu, dengfu and xm carbonspeed but am unsure of what is any good...

Have a look at Yishunbike as well. I’ve got a set on my gravel bike and they holding up great. Ordered them without spoke holes in the rim bed. Makes for easier tubeless setup. I’ve got road clincher rims as I use them with road tyres as well at higher psi

This is the specifications on the 29er rims

RM29C192    32 holes, UD, Gloss with decals

Based the decals on the following pic

post-35789-0-05301800-1524001365_thumb.jpg

This is for the road wheels.

RRU45C02    20/24 holes UD, Matt with new decal for U shaped rim

​Speak to Vivian @ Light Bicycle, Super helpful and very patient as I had lots of questions

Mopkop - which model LightBicycle rims are those?

Hi guys,

I found Yuananbike to be the easiest to deal with. Fantastic quality and price.

look at the site and email Cassie.

I have been riding their 30mm internal assymetric MTB wheels and I am not light for a year now. No problems

Thanks guys,

Looked at LightBicycle, Yuananbike and a few others and am ready to pull the trigger on a set from LightBicycle. Wheels as follows:

Wheelset WRU45C02 is USD524/pair with below specs

--Rims: RRU45C02, 25mm wide, 45mm deep, UD, matte, 20H/24H, with brake surface
--Hubs: black Novatec, front 100mm*QR/rear 130mm*QR, Shimano road 10/11s, J-bend, non-disc
--Spokes: black bladed Pillar  Aero X-TRA 1420, J-bend
--Nipples: black alloy

My only concern is shipping via EMS is $134 which seems steep in comparison to what I've seen on AliExpress and other vendor sites.

@Quagga, when you bought ffrom LightBicycle were there any other costs other than VAT?

Thanks guys,

Looked at LightBicycle, Yuananbike and a few others and am ready to pull the trigger on a set from LightBicycle. Wheels as follows:

--Hubs: black Novatec, front 100mm*QR/rear 130mm*QR, Shimano road 10/11s, J-bend, non-disc

My only concern is shipping via EMS is $134 which seems steep in comparison to what I've seen on AliExpress and other vendor sites.

@Quagga, when you bought ffrom LightBicycle were there any other costs other than VAT?

Utilise Aramex Global Shopper. Also ask the shop to write you a different invoice for import reasons :ph34r:

Thanks guys,

$134 seems high. I paid $70 when dealing with XM Carbonspeed. Also had to pay R350-odd for clearing and forwarding and VAT on this side. 

Edited by GrahamS2

Utilise Aramex Global Shopper. Also ask the shop to write you a different invoice for import reasons :ph34r:

And get laced with a fine, extra duties & a 2 month wait when Customs query it.

Don't commit customs fraud, guys. It's not the right thing to do. 

And yes, a mate had his single-trailer detained when the shop he bought it from "kindly" decided to rate it at a value of GBP5.  

If you use Aramex Global Shopper for a european based online shop say like Bike24, then you tax twice right?

If you use Aramex Global Shopper for a european based online shop say like Bike24, then you tax twice right?

Haven’t tried this yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct.

Question.

I want to bring in a set of Chinese Carbon hoops, got quoted $266.00 for the hoops, $60.00 for shipping and 4% paypal commission. In total $339.04

How much can I expect to pay this side for Vat and import duties, if any?

Edited by Wannabe