The Big Red Barn

Cola Boy

So, off to the Big Red Barn we go for our Saturday morning ride.On arrival we noticed that they had an MTB event on. We went inside for a cappuccino and a chat, to find out if we could still ride the track. We were informed by one of the family members managing the event that they were having a charity ride and that we could indeed still ride the track, but need to be mindful of the other riders. When we asked about paying, we were told not to bother but were pointed to a donation box on the counter, which we gladly made a fair deposit into. After our ride we returned to the barn for another cappuccino. As we were leaving I was asked by another family member if we paid for the ride, I explained that I did not and that I was told not to(by another family member). I was there and then confronted by another family member insisting that I make payment, very confrontational and non negotiable. I asked what they wanted as payment as I never rode here before, they insisted I pay forty rand per rider, I paid for two riders and just left. I really do not mind paying my way, but do not appreciate being confronted and miss guided they way I was.

Will I be back, hell yeah... next time I feel like riding some awesome single track and being treated like one of the farm workers I’ll be there like Flash Gordon.

what time did you ride?

We rode there yesterday and around 7:30 and never saw any event on.

Riding was incredible, flowing single track.

The breakfast after was a bit of a let down though, some things very expensive for what arrived and other things not cooked.

Will definately go back, after all...we went there to ride, not to eat :)

it's a fantastic place to ride, especially if you looking for single track. It's like a 25km BMX track. But I have to agree, the guys taking the money and the caterers are certainly on a different page, they need to get more organized and cook the breakfast better, we also experienced cold and undercooked food after waiting 30 minutes.

Agree with Fabes...

Spent an hour there just doing the dropoffs with a bunch of mates. Then that wall ride... plus lots of great single track with nice bits of technical fun thrown in here and there. Great fun!

Give them time to get the catering sorted. I remember when Rietvlei's eatery was much worse than BRB.