Trade in your old Garmin

Seeker911

Hang on... I have the screen backlight on all the time.... Maybe my watch thinks I am Ironman and FORCES me to start fast. Just stay next to me tomorrow, we'll figure it out, maybe just turn the backlight on!

I like what I'm reading

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My edge 705 died a gentle death about a year and half ago.

Sportmans Warehouse sent it to Garmin in Jo'burg. They said its dead and offered me a trade in for the Edge 800 , with a cash difference of R1200. I got the 705 off the hub for under R1000 so it was well worth the trade for me

I heard this story from another hubber on Friday night. He also had problems with vibration and they gave him a brand new unit for a very good price. Can't remember the details as I'd had surgery that day and was full of pain killers, but I remember it being a really good deal, around 50% or less of retail.

Edited by Jigghead

Has anyone had issues with the garmin premium heart rate strap? My heart rate is ridiculously low and often it drops the signal. I tried with my fathers strap with my hrm module and it worked fine, so it seems its just the actual strap?

I like what I'm reading

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ya know, the dude with the red suit and the built-in led light on his chest... Not the dude that swims/bikes/runs

Edited by agteros

Has anyone had issues with the garmin premium heart rate strap? My heart rate is ridiculously low and often it drops the signal. I tried with my fathers strap with my hrm module and it worked fine, so it seems its just the actual strap?

Battery maybe? How old is the HRM? Maybe chuck a new battery in and see what happens.

did this 3 weeks ago. Faulty Edge305 (battery pins get bad connection, so it kept turning off). walked in saturday morning, 15 minutes and R1300 later, a brand new in-the-box Edge500 bundle (which I sold here, got a 2nd hand standalone unit for R1400 here) - so upgrade cost me R100 overall.

Ya know, the dude with the red suit and the built-in led light on his chest... Not the dude that swims/bikes/runs

Thought you said you were the dude with the glowing watch ?

"S"ecret training = "S"wimming :whistling:

The problem with the 305 is the battery connection as well. This is what goes on many units. I suppose one could take a soldering iron to it and replace the battery a la your link above. Clever thinking.

Personally, I'm very happy with my Edge 500, which I got at a steal.

The premium straps are @#$% and garmin has confermed this I have been through 3 in a year.

send it back with proof of purcase and they will replace it, but ask for the hard all in one strap.

Well my 800 kept giving faulty altitude readings.

So took it to garmin and told them the problem.

They replaced my unit with a new bundle pack so free cadence sensor.

Could also have upgraded to the 810 for R570.00 I think but only from next year.

Oh and the best part is that the 1 year warranty starts againg on the new 800. :clap:

My PC often won't pick up my 705. Says it can't recognise the device, yet the device shows in my control panel. Wonder if its a fault with the Garmin or my PC. It happens when I'm uploading to Strava.

My PC often won't pick up my 705. Says it can't recognise the device, yet the device shows in my control panel. Wonder if its a fault with the Garmin or my PC. It happens when I'm uploading to Strava.

Have you tried updating the USB drivers? That may help.

Happened to me. Tried a new battery but this did not help. I bent the connecting pin inside the battery housing and bobs your uncle.

Did phone armin and they are willing to replace my 305 for a 500 for less than R1200 with all the goodies.

Don't think it is a good deal though as you cannot flag waypoints. was offered the 800 for R2100.........Just too much for a toy I feel?

Edited by Sepia