Team Bonitas invests in more South African talent

Matt

With Daryl Impey making history in becoming the first South African to wear the Tour de France Yellow Jersey, there’s the obvious question as to who his pioneering path will benefit and inspire.

Click here to view the article

<p>

· 32 like this
·

•  

JEVANDRE PAULS UPDATE: Dean Edwards, Team Principal for Team Abantu confirmed that Jevandre Pauls has been dismissed from Team Abantu following a hearing held on Thursday 5th July 2013 in Durban.

Pauls whom was contracted to Sidewind Sports from 1st January 2013 until the 31 December 2013 was found by team management to have acted unethically relating to offers from other teams, and accepting one of the offers in breach of confidentiality clauses and contradicting versions of events while under contract with Sidewind Sports.

Sidewind Sports concluded at the hearing that Jevandre be dismissed with immediate effect from the team and wished him all the best for his future. The hearing was held in the presence of a representative of Cycling SA and no objections or dissatisfactions were lodged.

“We were completely blind-sided when we were told that a offer from Team Bonitas was made for Jevandre to begin with their team on the 1st July 2013 for a hefty some of money for a Junior while still being under contract to us. An attempt was made by Jevandre’s representative to use the CSA contract as an excuse for his behaviour. While we believe that this was not justifiable,it has also demonstrated a need to review and revise the CSA’s contract as it has some contradictory clauses, that can be used to achieve mischievous objectives.

Too many contradicting versions of events progressed and we came to the conclusion that we dismiss Jevandre immediately. We trust he has assed his actions and for his sake hope it doesn’t impact his future.” Said Edwards

Edwards confirmed that an announcement would be made in the near future on a replacement for Pauls