Technical ? Drop-off USN race #3 redbarn

You guys should go try the drops at Thaba if you want bigger

Let me know when ....................................................................................................... I'll come watch :wacko:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:unsure:

but how does one get the courage to go from 1.2m to 2m............ :blink:

according to Daft Vader... alcohol :ph34r: :lol:

When we were there he kept regretting the fact he left the liquid courage at home.

Edited by patches

:unsure:

but how does one get the courage to go from 1.2m to 2m............ :blink:

Confidence in the fact that you know that you're very unlikely to ever get the 1.2m drop wrong.

I think courage can get you into trouble.

Edited by Super_mil

Confidence in the fact that you know that you're very unlikely to ever get the 1.2m drop wrong.

I think courage can get you into trouble.

yea...i think that might be my problem in a why....i have courage before I have confidence.

I have to pump my rear shock though if I want to go bigger - it was going to its max on those...the fork can still handle a bit more (this is at full impact):

post-24697-0-67090600-1373961635_thumb.jpg

yea...i think that might be my problem in a why....i have courage before I have confidence.

I have to pump my rear shock though if I want to go bigger - it was going to its max on those...the fork can still handle a bit more (this is at full impact):

You shock's SAG should be set according to your riding weight, not according to the drops you're hitting. For AM SAG should probably be in 20-30% range, depending on personal preference.

If the shock (I'm assuming it has a high volume air can, I can't remember...) is set up correct & you're still blowing through your travel, then you can look into shimming the air can. i.e. you consume some of the air cans volume with a shim to change the nature of the shocks behaviour (the white bit of plastic in the pic below).

But 1st step is to make sure your initial SAG set up is correct. Only then would I start playing with the can.

Plenty of info on the interwebs if you do decide to shim...

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/shocks-suspension/453077d1241228223-anyone-running-high-volume-air-can-their-fox-rp23-_mg_1050-copy.jpg

you should learn to use your front brake as well. It increases your braking power. Going over the bars due to too much front brake is a skill failure and nothing else

I agree with you. HOWEVER it seems "iBike" is a new rider or at least hi skills are limited. The problem with people learning is they tend to do the wrong things, crash and then take forever to get back up to where they were. Once he has managed to do the drop off a few times he will learn the quickest way to do it. Then he can figure out how much of which brake he needs and how it affects him.

post-24697-0-67090600-1373961635_thumb.jpg

Waar is die?

that guy in the video has some mad skills!

I think that's maybe why he was 3x DH World Champ ;)

the line between bravery and stupidity is very thin.

+1

Usually there is also a camera involved!