Guest Heino

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

Everything!

I am 1.78 cm and weigh around 140kg, at one stage I was 159kg, BMI is 42 I think, cant recall. (There was also a stage where I was 120kg earlier in the year) What did it cost? No complications?

I have been for acupuncture, Hypnosis, Slender wonder, Name it, Psychologists etc etc.... I have compulsive eating disorder.

The doctor one day said to me that he doesn't believe that I train two hours minimum per day, and I proved it to him, but the volumes of food is just too much that I consume! (To all the doctor Phil's on this forum, I don't need a speech, thanks.) Yet another attempt to change my ways after the post the other day about another hubber that struggle with his weight. I need to do something!!

As much as possible advice would be greatly appreciated!

I'll ask her tonight.

I know somebody that had it done but never returned home, passed away because of complications, don't think it is a very safe procedure. If memory serves me correctly they had a feature of this on Carte Blanche a few years ago, was under the impression that the medical council were going to ban this procedure.

A mate had it done and it worked for a while until he started eating more... now he is just as large as prior to the operation.

Rather go about it by spending time doing an aerobic exercise and eating well. The benefits are far higher in the end... always remember there are no shortcuts??

Friend of my wife had it done. Somewhere in the region of R30k. She was qiute big before the surgery. Ate what she wanted and no excercise. Did the psycho thing as well, (Was a requirement) She came out of hospital and started eating right, going to gym, walking etc. Claimed that the stomach thing was awesome "Look what it did?!" I reckon if she had changed the way she ate and started excercising the results would have been the same at the end of the day. That's her story though. Too lazy before and I reckon the gastric was the motivation that she couldn't find before to kickstart her transformation.

I don't see why this is necessary...myself can be proof in a way.

At one stage I weighed around 112kg....I took a major step towards a healthy life, started eating healthily and exercise, went to a dietician who gave me an awesome meal plan...

I am currently 78kg's (will drop next month when I prep for league again), I still cheat quite often....I am sure if I didnt I would have been around 70kg's now.

But really surgery should be the last resort, the hardest was making the changed....the first few weeks....but I got into a habit and just eat properly, etc. I am not saying because I did it you can, I just want you to consider various options.

Edited by MTB_Roadie

I do, a gentleman in our church had it done, he may have been a good example but it worked fine for him and today he is normal weight for his size and as healthy and happy as can be. He had absolutely no bad side effects.

However as with anything, I can only suggest go get some sound medical opinion from your health practitioner as relates to you (if you are considering having it done) theres a reason they have medical degrees, its because unlike some internet experts, they actually do know what they are talking about.

Guest Heino

I do, a gentleman in our church had it done, he may have been a good example but it worked fine for him and today he is normal weight for his size and as healthy and happy as can be. He had absolutely no bad side effects.

However as with anything, I can only suggest go get some sound medical opinion from your health practitioner as relates to you (if you are considering having it done) theres a reason they have medical degrees, its because unlike some internet experts, they actually do know what they are talking about.

True...

Guest KwaZulu Boertjie
This should only be a last resort for weight loss. Problems can arise from procedure but I've heard that most people see amazing results and in short time.

Seek medical advice before anything this drastic.

Good luck man!

Thats true. Everything a doctor does can have complications...

Also commitment on the patients part is crucial! One can "eat past it" easily, if you know what I mean...

But yes... for some it has been truly lifechanging.

Personally im on weighless: lost 15kg with another 15 to go... im keeping it off easily enough

Wow!

Everything!

I am 1.78 cm and weigh around 140kg, at one stage I was 159kg, BMI is 42 I think, cant recall. (There was also a stage where I was 120kg earlier in the year) What did it cost? No complications?

I have been for acupuncture, Hypnosis, Slender wonder, Name it, Psychologists etc etc.... I have compulsive eating disorder.

The doctor one day said to me that he doesn't believe that I train two hours minimum per day, and I proved it to him, but the volumes of food is just too much that I consume! (To all the doctor Phil's on this forum, I don't need a speech, thanks.) Yet another attempt to change my ways after the post the other day about another hubber that struggle with his weight. I need to do something!!

Full workup by a physician to eliminate some weight related conditions like diabetes, odd hormonal levels etc - and then if all clear, visit a Psychiatrist... and a Psychologist - daily if needed - to treat the compulsion - if it is all in your head.

Good luck - seriously.

Wow!

Everything!

That is tough mate. I think that your only hope is to.have the procedure done. Im a professional fat doctor whatcher on dstv. You obviously have a probleem that diets wont solve. This procedure works. You are training your guts out with very limited success. Good luck Buddy Edited by T Man

Sorry to be blunt but no surgery in the world will fix that... other than stapling your mouth shut.

Deal with that first. Then worry about the weight.