Let's see those Cannondales

Hairy

Not as fancy as some of your but its my pride and joy

Smala.jpg

Beaut!

What's that sweeping curve on the seatstay, Scott'..

Or a camera trick ?

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had my baby for 2 years now and I believe I have posted it here before but it deserves a time to shine again because without the help of a few people this beauty would've been sold.

Thanks to the Oom's who gave me the wheels.

Thanks to Spoke works for a great wheel build.

Thanks to Kalbo for yet another amazing chainring.

Thanks to Hotspot Cycles for helping me sorting out my bike

Thanks to Omnico for the lefty service.

This steed truely feels like a brand new bike!

Before the wheel upgrade it weighed 10.9kg (full aluminium)

Now it weighs 10.5kg with Carbon wheels and is as stiff as they come. You will look hard to find a stiffer bike setup than this baby with a lefty shock and Enve wheel.

I love this racing snake of mine!

Man... Those wheels!!! Damm they look good.

This is my 20 year old bike, which I ride 3 or 4 times a week. I prefer this to my race bike for training. I am planning a restoration, but still have not gotten round to it. Replica of a bike Cippolini rode in 1996.

post-9767-0-80702000-1479386006_thumb.jpg

Beaut!

What's that sweeping curve on the seatstay, Scott'..

Or a camera trick ?

Thank you Sir

No its not a camera trick

"The extensive tube working is visually obvious in the lacquered raw alloy finish and it’s equally obvious in the ride too. The tapering top ube, hourglassed, curved and double tapered SAVE seatstays and centrally flattened chainstays add significant amounts of spring and cushioning to the rear end, and the blade-to-round-section carbon fork legs do a similar job up front."

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-cannondale-synapse-5-12-45884/

Thank you Sir

No its not a camera trick

"The extensive tube working is visually obvious in the lacquered raw alloy finish and it’s equally obvious in the ride too. The tapering top ube, hourglassed, curved and double tapered SAVE seatstays and centrally flattened chainstays add significant amounts of spring and cushioning to the rear end, and the blade-to-round-section carbon fork legs do a similar job up front."

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-cannondale-synapse-5-12-45884/

Oh cool

Brilliant

Perfect for the Roubaix Sportive over 150 kms then....

Edited by 'Dale

This is my 20 year old bike, which I ride 3 or 4 times a week. I prefer this to my race bike for training. I am planning a restoration, but still have not gotten round to it. Replica of a bike Cippolini rode in 1996.doesn't

doesn't look like there's much to restore, looks pretty good

This is my 20 year old bike, which I ride 3 or 4 times a week. I prefer this to my race bike for training. I am planning a restoration, but still have not gotten round to it. Replica of a bike Cippolini rode in 1996.

If this is your training bike would love to see what your race bike looks like :)

Seen as that I haven't posted anything on the Hub for a while... I recently got new Decals for my Cosmic's so here she is:

The white would have looked better ????

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

The white would have looked better

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

You need to see it in person! Come find the Husky Rescue stand after the ride on Sunday.  :whistling:

You need to see it in person! Come find the Husky Rescue stand after the ride on Sunday.  :whistling:

who did your decals ? Pm'd vinyl guy more than a week ago with no reply .

Oh cool

Brilliant

Perfect for the Roubaix Sportive over 150 kms then....

Yeah i read an article before buying it that its a jack of all trades type bike. Obviously not meant for the pointy end of the field but mare than capable of doing road races for wkn worriers like myself, cobbles sportives and some guys even tested it on gravel.

For a bike 5 years old with 515km's (According to the sigma odometer) on her, she looks all good and i think definitely worth the purchase. Took her for a setup Yesterday so will take her out for the first time tomorrow morning, cant wait.

Yeah i read an article before buying it that its a jack of all trades type bike. Obviously not meant for the pointy end of the field but mare than capable of doing road races for wkn worriers like myself, cobbles sportives and some guys even tested it on gravel.

For a bike 5 years old with 515km's (According to the sigma odometer) on her, she looks all good and i think definitely worth the purchase. Took her for a setup Yesterday so will take her out for the first time tomorrow morning, cant wait.

I would not mind having one in my fleet, to say the least ????

My 2017 build complete

2017 Caad 12 105
Stripped of 105 and rebuilt with ultegra
Hylix Carbon Seatpost
3T Ergonova Team bars
3T 150mm -17 Stem
Fizik Arione white/green

Bontrager XXX light cages

Look Keo pedals
Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels
Chinese 50mm Carbon Tubulars
7.4kgs with tubulars (56cm)

2nd pic is from a recent trip home to visit family in Cape Town

post-104156-0-86177300-1479459302_thumb.jpeg

post-104156-0-73942800-1479460275_thumb.jpeg

Edited by UK-Saffa

My 2017 build complete

2017 Caad 12 105

Stripped of 105 and rebuilt with ultegra

Hylix Carbon Seatpost

3T Ergonova Team bars

3T 150mm -17 Stem

Fizik Arione white/green

Bontrager XXX light cages

Look Keo pedals

Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels

Chinese 50mm Carbon Tubulars

7.4kgs with tubulars (56cm)

Wow, what a change of direction for a first poster especially on a Friday. Welcome to the BikeHub SA

She is a beaut