Let's see those Cannondales

Hairy

Yebo, there is no high mod version of the rim brake. Not a train smash, still lighter than my old High Mod, can do full internal cable routing from bars. Also around the same frame weight as the high mod before groupset.

What have you got the weight down to so far? I'm assuming you're planning on ditching that heavy standard bar and stem and opt for the carbon seat post at some stage?

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What have you got the weight down to so far? I'm assuming you're planning on ditching that heavy standard bar and stem and opt for the carbon seat post at some stage?

It has a carbon bar and a -17 degree stem so that its parallel with the floor. 

I am waiting for the bearing race cover so can trim steerer. Would also like to replace crank with Spider crank as well. 

Weight is around 7.4kg with cages etc

That I know all the way. I meant, "How different is it from the previous generation Lefty?" I call the new fork an Ocho and the previous version a Lefty.

Much better than the Lefty 2.0.

The high speed compression damping is adjustable. The Ocho tracks the ground much better so it feels like you have more grip.

Lateral stiffness is on par with Lefty 2.0.

Longitudinal stiffness is less than the 2.0 which seems to help it track better under braking.

The carbon version is 470 gr lighter than the Lefty 2.0.

Win Win

Dual Pivot, direct mount is disc brake slang apparently. Learnt this when trying to order some Ultegra goodies for bike, alas nada dual pivoy in SA, EU or UK.

your bike uses Direct mount rim brakes. Those are a wee bitty lighter than the single bolt mount.

Shimano rim brakes have been dual pivot for nearly 2 decades already.

your bike uses Direct mount rim brakes. Those are a wee bitty lighter than the single bolt mount.

Shimano rim brakes have been dual pivot for nearly 2 decades already.

I stand corrected. Googled it and is correct. This was my thinking to start, then I ordered a set of direct mount and got the single pivot ones and the supplier told me that was direct mount and dual pivot was what was on my bike. 

I stand corrected. Googled it and is correct. This was my thinking to start, then I ordered a set of direct mount and got the single pivot ones and the supplier told me that was direct mount and dual pivot was what was on my bike. 

sometimes retailers make life harder than it needs to be

It has a carbon bar and a -17 degree stem so that its parallel with the floor. 

I am waiting for the bearing race cover so can trim steerer. Would also like to replace crank with Spider crank as well. 

Weight is around 7.4kg with cages etc

That's a pretty impressive weight. My Disc Ultegra quite a bit heavier in size 58cm (around 1.1kg more)... But no mods so far. Going to change bar, seat post, crank set, disc rotors and put on that Soigneur internal cable routing kit over time. Bog standard for the moment but it's an impressive machine. I love it!! 

post-103640-0-18209100-1599644308_thumb.jpg

That's a pretty impressive weight. My Disc Ultegra quite a bit heavier in size 58cm (around 1.1kg more)... But no mods so far. Going to change bar, seat post, crank set, disc rotors and put on that Soigneur internal cable routing kit over time. Bog standard for the moment but it's an impressive machine. I love it!! 

Yeah, that seat post though is like 6k. 

I am just trying to deal with the creaky seat post clamp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that seat post though is like 6k. 

I am just trying to deal with the creaky seat post clamp.

Mine was super noisy too (like a big crack every time I hit a bump) but I got my LBS to follow the Cannondale work instruction for the seatpost to the letter and it's been perfect ever since. You can download it here:

https://www.cannondale.com/-/media/files/manual-uploads/manuals/019_137369_oms%20my20%20supersix_en.pdf

Check out pages 15-17...

Both Bikes absolutely capable in going fast - one for the flats and one for the climbs yet you can take either and go fast on both disciplines.

Love these bikes so much :)

Gawd damn that super six is hot....just drooled on myself ????