Seyffert receives two year ban from competition

Matt

Cycling South Africa reports that Pieter Seyffert who returned an adverse analytical finding in an in-competition test conducted by the South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport(SAIDS) on 17 February 2013 has been found guilty and has received a two year ban from all sport. The analytical report confirmed the presence of the stimulant, Phentermine in his urine sample. The finding and sanction were handed down by the independent SAIDS tribunal which was held on 9 July 2013. Seyffert is suspended for a period of two years from 10 April 2013 to 9 April 2015.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People taking short cuts breaking rules etc is also cheaters not only drugs so please we cant point fingers to others!Ja doping is a problem but so is cutting swimmarkers taking short cuts etc

People taking short cuts breaking rules etc is also cheaters not only drugs so please we cant point fingers to others!Ja doping is a problem but so is cutting swimmarkers taking short cuts etc

Haha, interesting first post... this is of course all from your neutral perspective right :whistling:

Lucky for me I don't dope or cut short of the swimming markers (I need them to hold on to for a quick breather :ph34r: )

Doping as a pro-cyclist is like stealing out the till, cooking the books etc It ain't cool and we're all sick and tired of it.

If you ain't good enough (like me and 99% of all cyclists) - find another way to make a living, don't rob the guys who do have the talent :thumbup:

http://www.bicycling...tests-positive/

this was posted on april 11 2013 already - old news

you really need to learn to read more than just the headlines. The tribunal was only held on 9 July.

To the point - its high time that the maximum sanction allowable is extended well beyond 2 years.

Edited by dracs

Doping in the racing season and winning races, with the Lance Armstrong debacle at it's height seriously did he think he would not be tested?? :thumbdown: :eek:

you really need to learn to read more than just the headlines. The tribunal was only held on 9 July.

To the point - its high time that the maximum sanction allowable is extended well beyond 2 years.

ah so the 2yr ban was handed on 9july

the

time flies, I see next month david george will be halfway through his 'sporting interruption'

cheating is cheating....whether you take a short cut or pump yourself full of drugs...same thing

??????

Akin to taking recreational drugs when making your first post?

What is Phentermine?

Active ingredient in Duromine appetite suppressants. a Schedule 5 drug used for obese patients to block the brains hunger impulse to stop eating.