Chain slipping only in big Blade & Smallest Cog?

Skylark

No he he didn't cross, He's having problems on big front, small back... Which is your heaviest gear and chain is straight.

only piece I can add...Chainguide.

But im no expert in gears

- " the chain is slipping only when in big front Blade & Smallest Cog"

- "Only slips when in the 26t blade to 11t cog"

For the bottom case it crosses, but initial statement, was what confused most.

Yes Initial statement was Big ring / 11t

But later he stated Small/ring 11t

Unless Skylark it trying to confuse us here...?

Without the bike in front of me it is just a guess, of course. But the reason I suspect a worn sprocket is because it happens with high torque - you alluded to high torque when you said only small chainring. Often the big doesn't produce enough.

Ja thats exactly it - high torque small to small,chain slips(every now and then mind you not everytime I load them with high torque, maybe a bent tooth?), I hear you on the small blade giving more torque than big blade and therefore more chance of a worn cog being a issue.

Also check how much slack you have in the chain.

If in small and small, it might be too long for the derailleur to take up the slack.

I measured the chain and its the same length as the old one - never had this issue with my Med cage Xtr only long cage Xt with clutch but that was with a new chain that I fitted with the RD swop. Would you need to shorten the chain with a longer cage?

That's what I'm worried about - in small and small, the dérailleur is taking up no slack, ie the rd is not tensioning the chain at all, is that kosher?

Edited by Skylark

How pulled forward should the RD be on Big blade big cog, I need to make sure the length is right, even though the old chain was fine with a med cage.

The correct chain length is basically to prevent the chain snapping/RD getting broken?

How pulled forward should the RD be on Big blade big cog, I need to make sure the length is right, even though the old chain was fine with a med cage.

The correct chain length is basically to prevent the chain snapping/RD getting broken?

Anyone know?

Anyone know?

To get the right chain length you thread the chain over the big cog (34 or 36 or whatever) at the back and the big ring in the front without going through the derailleur. Add 3 links to that length.

To get the right chain length you thread the chain over the big cog (34 or 36 or whatever) at the back and the big ring in the front without going through the derailleur. Add 3 links to that length.

I have heard 2 or 4 links. So I would also go with 3.

IN big big, the RD should bend forward no more than 45 degrees from the horizontal.

IN small small, the RD should bend back no more than horizontal.