Koos Klopper

jmaccelari

Just got bad news via Ali Mclean: apparently Koos was hit by a car jumping a red traffic light on his way to his bike shop this morning and is in a serious condition.

Anyone who has met or ridden with Koos will know what a gentleman he is...

All the best Koos!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible news. Please keep us posted on his condition; I don't know him, but hope he makes a speedy and complete recovery.

Saw on Twitter his bike was broken in half. All the best too him, hope he recovers quickly! Didn't know him well but he seemed like a good guy.

Hi Guys,Koos is in a bad way,but stable! He is in ICU at UNITAS with a crushed right leg with external traction,they are waiting for him to recover from yesterdays emergency op to try stop internal bleeding at a ruptured kidney,at first they thought they may need to remove the kidney but they did manage to slow/stop the bleeding. He has broken all the ribs on his right side and a puntured lung, he is on a ventilator to help breathing and prevent the lung colapsing. His C1 (neck) vertebra is also cracked. When I left last night he was stable, and they were monitoring his bleeding. He is a big strong lad, I am positive...... And yes, a woman went straight through a red robot at speed and hit him,"fortunately" being 2 meters tall,means his lower torso and legs took all the impact...... He was fully awake when paramedics came and at UNITAS. I will keep you guys all posted and please, look first before you cross a green robot, we clearly have no rights on SA roads....... The woman that hit him left her number and went on to enjoy her day, while my mate is critical and his family are frantic.......

Hi Guys,Koos is in a bad way,but stable! He is in ICU at UNITAS with a crushed right leg with external traction,they are waiting for him to recover from yesterdays emergency op to try stop internal bleeding at a ruptured kidney,at first they thought they may need to remove the kidney but they did manage to slow/stop the bleeding. He has broken all the ribs on his right side and a puntured lung, he is on a ventilator to help breathing and prevent the lung colapsing. His C1 (neck) vertebra is also cracked. When I left last night he was stable, and they were monitoring his bleeding. He is a big strong lad, I am positive...... And yes, a woman went straight through a red robot at speed and hit him,"fortunately" being 2 meters tall,means his lower torso and legs took all the impact...... He was fully awake when paramedics came and at UNITAS. I will keep you guys all posted and please, look first before you cross a green robot, we clearly have no rights on SA roads....... The woman that hit him left her number and went on to enjoy her day, while my mate is critical and his family are frantic.......

are you serious???

She should be in jail for culpable homicide!!! ignorance, being unfit to drive a vehicle, assault with intend to do GBH; you name it..

You cannot imagaine how pissed off this makes me...

Something need to change...and quickly!!

Strength to Koos...hope you recover fully.

PS: I hope there is somebody to take over the running of the shop?? loss of income on top of it all...tsk tsk tsk...

edited my original outburst...

Edited by Cassie

are you serious???

She should be in jail for culpable homicide!!!

You cannot imagaine how pissed off this makes me...

Something need to change...and quickly!!

Strength to Koos...hope you recover fully.

Can't be culpabale homicide CASSIE, he's not dead.

Peter Pan...

PS: I hope there is somebody to take over the running of the shop?? loss of income on top of it all...tsk tsk tsk...

Edited by The German