The EAI Val de Vie MTB Challenge, presented by Bestmed

ASG

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Guys,

Any news on the track condition :-) ?? can we expect to be playing in the mud :-)

Hey T-Bag68

The weather is looking good for the race so there shouldn't be problems :thumbup:

post-16745-0-76558800-1384844125_thumb.png

Hey T-Bag68

The weather is looking good for the race so there shouldn't be problems :thumbup:

any old nitwit can look at the weather forecast on the web.

I think he was asking about the actual track/trail conditions. Big floods in franschhoek over the weekend, how did the trail stand up...sunshine doesn't always repair water damage?

I think he was asking about the actual track/trail conditions. Big floods in franschhoek over the weekend, how did the trail stand up...sunshine doesn't always repair water damage?

Dude its a MTB ride just get on your bike and ride if its muddy its muddy . If you scared of mud go back to the road races im sure its nice and dry for you.

We take it as it comes... That's why our tyres have knobblies, and some even have a back shock!

Hello Guys,

Any news on the track condition :-) ?? can we expect to be playing in the mud :-)

MUD, lots of MUD!

Dude its a MTB ride just get on your bike and ride if its muddy its muddy . If you scared of mud go back to the road races im sure its nice and dry for you.

Yoh! Shebeen you just got shot back to riding on the road!

haha... I think it was a valid point though. For the not so proficient 'technically' a washed out, eroded piece of of jeep track with funnels and loose stones on can be tricky, never mind the quagmires and washed out single track.

Stevief, not everyone is a hardcore rider and how badly the storm damaged the route is a big game changer in their enjoyment factor.

If you knew Shebeen you would know a little bit of mud does not put him off... a lot of mud does not put him off. Snow, darkness, 100mm of rain in a day and a lot of mud doesnt put him off.

I shall be there on my way home from the Eselfontein festival, whatever the conditions. A 60km race with 1km of vertical ascent would be silly to miss

I'm actually not doing this ride, but if I was then a bit of info would probably influence my tyre selection. Am a bit interested to see how the area has held up after the double whammy of big fires in january and big rain in winter, (I had to reroute an adventure race in March that i was organising so know the area a bit).

I'm looking forward to the mud, dry, river crossing, rocks, what ever comes my way... But as Shebeen said" just want to now how the rains from hell had an impact.... I hear that some guys like to adjust there set up depending on track conditions, ..?? :whistling: maybe even change there lube..?? :whistling:

But I appreciate the weather report anyhow...

Thanks for your time :thumbup:

Yoh! Shebeen you just got shot back to riding on the road!

haha... I think it was a valid point though. For the not so proficient 'technically' a washed out, eroded piece of of jeep track with funnels and loose stones on can be tricky, never mind the quagmires and washed out single track.

Stevief, not everyone is a hardcore rider and how badly the storm damaged the route is a big game changer in their enjoyment factor.

If you knew Shebeen you would know a little bit of mud does not put him off... a lot of mud does not put him off. Snow, darkness, 100mm of rain in a day and a lot of mud doesnt put him off.

I shall be there on my way home from the Eselfontein festival, whatever the conditions. A 60km race with 1km of vertical ascent would be silly to miss

I will aslo be heading back from Eselfontein i cannot wait for this weekend

Hi Guys,

Our team on the track doing a final Recce - at this stage all good with some awesome sections fortunately still 100% for this weekend (despite the rains). Weather looking great. Some great additions / improvements from last year that we trust you will enjoy. So at this stage:

Weather: Check

Route/Track: Check

Great prizes: Check

Entrants: looking like 1000+

Can't wait to see you all there this weekend! Don't forget to enter :) !

Rgds

ag

Hi guys

Please phone Wandra at Events regarding seeding and registration

012 751 4130 or wandra@asgworld.co.za

Regards

ASG