[Event] West Coast Express 2013

mdk555

Amazing race yet again. Had so much fun. Wanna say thanks to some of the guys in my punch for really pulling through! And all you other leaches.. You know what...

I waited for you guys this morning, Meezo, but I didn't lsee you. I waited at the back until I could see my bunch going and then i figured I might as well ride with them. Wasn't gonna do that wind on my lonesome. I hope you guys had a good race though!

Did you start in M

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing race yet again. Had so much fun. Wanna say thanks to some of the guys in my punch for really pulling through! And all you other leaches.. You know what...

I waited for you guys this morning, Meezo, but I didn't see you. I waited at the back until I could see my bunch going and then i figured I might as well ride with them. Wasn't gonna do that wind on my lonesome. I hope you guys had a good race though!

We were late, I'm sore, cramped and cried like a bitch!

We were late, I'm sore, cramped and cried like a bitch!

Good turnout from what I saw on road. Not very big bunches though, splits must have happened early.

Started with parents in L, were caught by M at about 45km massive group on the road at one point. Wind was very chilled this year.

Good turnout from what I saw on road. Not very big bunches though, splits must have happened early.

Started with parents in L, were caught by M at about 45km massive group on the road at one point. Wind was very chilled this year.

From the TEMP group it was a completely different ride.

From the TEMP group it was a completely different ride.

Nicely done, Meezo.

Saw babse at the end, limping.

Thanks to the guy in the hub kit who helped pace me up the climb after I had dropped off the back of the group I was riding with. (I was in the black and red Cycles Direct kit) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice race. Started in K with club CTG (lots of E, F, Gs too) that swelled into a massive bate ball by the time we turned for the lost city of Atlantis. Thanks to the Outsriders setting the pace for the first half....... and most of the second half :whistling:. (Before you guys get funny ideas.... we did a fair share of work)

One guy collided heavily with one of those yellow PPA sign boards just before we took the turn back onto the N7. Hope he is OK... PPA please reconsider moving those boards off the road cause it's especially dangerous when going at high speed.

Edited by Newest

Did a very early ride to the race, then pushed like all hell from Temp and afterwards just chilled riding back home - 130km total, but that 85km sprint in the middle burnt some calories! Super day on the bike! :thumbup:

Nice race. Started in K with club CTG (lots of E, F, Gs too) that swelled into a massive bate ball by the time we turned for the lost city of Atlantis. Thanks to the Outsriders setting the pace for the first half....... and most of the second half :whistling:. (Before you guys get funny ideas.... we did a fair share of work)

One guy collided heavily with one of those yellow PPA sign boards just before we took the turn back onto the N7. Hope he is OK... PPA please reconsider moving those boards off the road cause it's especially dangerous when going at high speed.

As one of the Outriders, no problems :clap:

Did a very early ride to the race, then pushed like all hell from Temp and afterwards just chilled riding back home - 130km total, but that 85km sprint in the middle burnt some calories! Super day on the bike! :thumbup:

Sounds just like my day!!

my first road race on a road bike, was fun till my pronutro ended up saying howzit around 30kays. any idea where we can see the results?

www.racetec.co za

My second road race ever! IT WAS GREAT! I saw a few accidents.... hope everyone is fine! Please just tell me ............. when you ride in a bunch, why do some guys not take turns to be in the front? Is it not considered rude not to "pull" Surely you work together and take turns? In one of my groups the only people who took turns to be in the front were a young boy, a woman and an older guy. The rest of the guys just hung back? We were not going slowly!