And the Hubs biggest loser is.....

Yeah it's amazing how it really just changes your perspective. When I got into photography seriously a few years back I would 'see' shots all of a sudden, where normally I would have just seen a tree.

Same thing here ;) I always look for opportunities to make food that still tastes lekke and I can enjoy but is healthy. Trust me once you get into that frame of mind it becomes easy or much easier at the least.

One thing I WILL not give up is my red wine though. I will rather cut somewhere else or train more but that is one thing I said from the start. That is my reward for a hard workout or day at work just to kick off shoes and relax a bit with a good dry red in my hand. :)

I have a half a glass of red wine every night with dinner

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerhard,

Saw the pic of you and your son.....Amazing transformation!

I still have a long, long way to go, but your story is inspirational.

Well done!

I am not working with someone but just know that the normal old calculator crap is nonsense.

I will go for a body fat measurement within a few weeks and post back ( I set a date for 10/12/2013 to reach my goal so will go then ;) ) I am 35 now.

You've actually made me want to know now hehehe maybe see how my day goes tomorrow....

Sorry man, I didn't mean to put pressure on you

Sorry man, I didn't mean to put pressure on you

Hehehehe not at all, but I am rather curios now as to what it is ;)

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys,

As the OP I just wanted to let you know that I have FINALLY reached my goal weight of a sub 90kg. I am now weighing 87kg!!!!

Therefore the weight loss is as follows:

Was 158kg in 2012

Now 87kg in 2016

Total weight loss = 71kg

This was a tough road, especially from 96kg as my body just refused to let it go.

Keep well.

Edited by Gerhard Odendaal

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I have FINALLY reached my goal weight of a sub 90kg. I am now weighing 87kg!!!!

Was 158kg in 2012

Now   87kg in 2016

Total weight loss = 71kg

This was a tough road, especially from 96kg as my body just refused to let it go.

Keep well.

So you lost me in the process.... :clap: Well Done! :clap:

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I have FINALLY reached my goal weight of a sub 90kg. I am now weighing 87kg!!!!

Was 158kg in 2012

Now   87kg in 2016

Total weight loss = 71kg

Keep well.

Congrats. Having struggled with my weight the last few years I know how tough it is.

I'm now 84kg from 102kg two years (was 107kg 2yrs 2weeks ago before being rushed to hospital with a life threatening condition and lost 8kg in 2 weeks).

Hi Guys,

Was 158kg in 2012

Now   87kg in 2016

Total weight loss = 71kg

Keep well.

Fantastic achievement.

I went from 105kg at the beginning of 2015, to 86.5kg in 9 months. Would love to lose at least another 5kg, but my body is being real stubborn about that. I haven't put on or lost any weight in the last 10 months. It's as if my body is saying, "This is where I'll stay, deal with it."